• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Ultimate Winchester Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Osirus said:
I fail prime after 1 minute! woot! :attn: I just got done playing a few hours of Doom3, never crashed.

My processor does the same @ 2.5gig. it runs any benchmark and plays any game with no crash but fails prime after less than a minute. I think we need a new cpu stress proggy :-/ (or maybe i need to get my processor more stable :p )

I think we need to get the CPU more stable. but I had vcore up to 1.55. is it safe to go any higher?
maybe I need new ram, higher then PC3200

Osirus said:
I think we need to get the CPU more stable. but I had vcore up to 1.55. is it safe to go any higher?

Not sure about the voltages on the winchesters man :confused: WHat kind of ICs do those Geils use? You dont necessarily need anything higher than pc3200, for example the sammy TCCD IC's rock and they are PC3200 (2-2-2 timings).

Osirus said:
1.65 should be the max, that is what I have to have my 3200+ at in order for it to pass the second Prime95 test.

Sentential, looks like im gonna be joining you again mate, you helped me when I had my nf7s, and now im gonna be looking to you again - iv gota 3000+ winchester on the way and im coupling it with an MSI NeoPlat2 i think - unless nf4 agp boards apear in double quick time :D

Vrykyl said:
Sentential, looks like im gonna be joining you again mate, you helped me when I had my nf7s, and now im gonna be looking to you again - iv gota 3000+ winchester on the way and im coupling it with an MSI NeoPlat2 i think - unless nf4 agp boards apear in double quick time :D
Even if they do, none will have AGP :( :mad: :bang head :cry:

Osirus said:
I fail prime after 1 minute! woot! :attn: I just got done playing a few hours of Doom3, never crashed.

Try running memtest86 on it. I bet it won't pass. When any rig I have done has failed prime that fast it has been memory/bus related. If it runs for an hour or two and then fails, generally CPU/Mofset/Chipset heat related.

Good Luck.

John

Well i know its not CPU heat, I have a watercooling system, I doubt its a chipset heat issue, I dont care much for prime95, never have, never will. if it can run through 2+ hours of Doom3, Farcry, UT2k4, its stable enough for me.

Good read, I vote for a sticky. Hopefully when my neo2 get replaced I will have some luck OC'ing it too.

On the Nforce 4 topic I thought it was basically a beefed up NF3 chip with PCI E and the new SATA, but besides that they are the same. I could be very wrong though.

CandymanCan said:
Yea u heard right
It woulda been great with SS2, but oh well, such is life. On a totally different note here are the locations of my parts :santa:

3200+ Winchester (from ChiefValue.com: Oct 23, 2004 10:42 am | ORLANDO FL
Thermalright XP-90 (from eXcaliber): Oct 23, 2004 4:32 pm | MEMPHIS, TN
MSI K8N Neo2 Plat: Oct 23, 2004 4:32 PM | MEMPHIS, TN

Chaintech (nforce2):

The REVIEW at Tom's Hardware shows the spec chart of all three versions of NF4 will not have support for PCI-Express and no AGP...

And I can't wait for the results Sen!! :drool:

Last edited:
Back