• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Actually using your video card with a TV help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

sure we all know how to do it. just hook up that little converter for svideo to composite.. and then hook it up to your tv and viola your tv becomes a monitor... my question is a tad bit more indepth than that. Are there any settings to tinker around with/any way to actually be able to use your tv as a monitor? I mean is there a way to make the text readable??? when using a tv? I want to set my father up a small little computer... which will use the tv as its monitoer, but i know (from experience with my comp) that when i hook it up to a tv, the text is sooo small you can't read it! Is there any way to fix this? I am also considering purchasing windows xp digital media center edition 2005 from newegg... does anyone know if this version of windows allows for easy readablitity when using a tv?? Thanks for your help in advance!

That depends on the TV that you will be using. Are we talking about just a regular cheap TV or one of the newer flat screen ones? If you are going to be using the regular TV, then there really is not much you can do as they just aren't made for rendering the smaller details.

Back