• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2 Platinum Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, I was ripping a dvd lastnight on my desktop, just to see how long it would take.
Well I opened up the CORE Center from MSI and looked at the temps, at full load on the CPU my temps from CORE where around 55C. It idle's around 40-42C (depeing how cold my room is)

Are these temps normal? or are they off by a certin number of degree's?

my setup is
A64 3000+ oc'd at 2.5 (atm)
Cooling - custom watercooling.

I want to think my temps are off for the simple fact when I ran my Intel setup, 3.0E @ 3.75 my temps NEVER hit 50C

Thanks!

I have about the same problem, bit better temps, but its funny, I stop full load with folding and get a massive 14C drop from around 47-48 to 33-34C, but I start up again after 30 mins of idle, it jumps 5-6C right away(10 secs) and then again another 4-5C again right away. I think its reading the diode. BTW I have MSI K8N Neo plat with my [email protected] 1.75volts

maybe a bios update might fix the temp problem? who knows..always problems with the damned temp sensors on mobos, its a never ending glitch, and no one can ever prove which is right? the bios or MBM (or core)?

Osirus said:
Ok, I was ripping a dvd lastnight on my desktop, just to see how long it would take.
Well I opened up the CORE Center from MSI and looked at the temps, at full load on the CPU my temps from CORE where around 55C. It idle's around 40-42C (depeing how cold my room is)

Are these temps normal? or are they off by a certin number of degree's?

my setup is
A64 3000+ oc'd at 2.5 (atm)
Cooling - custom watercooling.

I want to think my temps are off for the simple fact when I ran my Intel setup, 3.0E @ 3.75 my temps NEVER hit 50C

Thanks!

I don't trust the temps for MSI at all, it has my system temp at like 8C.....my room doesn't even get that cool. And my CPU temps vary so much with/without load i can't get an accurate reading. I'm on a stock FX-53 cooler for my FX-55 and it has my temps at 33-40C tops.....somehow i highly doubt that's correct.

Back