• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a AMD A64 Teaser..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eh, i oc'd my A64 3000+ 754, the max i got it was about 2.53Ghz over 2,000mhz Bus speed.... but it wasn't very stable due to the crappy asssssss ram i have.. and i have a VERY low end water cooling setup, right now it's perfectly stable at 2.4Ghz with 1.55vcore and 1920mhz bus 10X multiplier (locked).....but hell if you have the ram that can handle the ocing and the right cooling setup, these things could OC purdy good i would think... lol but thats what i think.

Well I just tried it and it didnt work. When it came time to load windows the screen just stayed black so I had to put everything to default. Would ocing my RAM help? Or should I just do a lower fsb? I could also just wait till I get watercooling.

Right now what i would do is go back to the 2550mhz you were at and run prime95 for a few hours to make sure that, that is even stable before trying 2600mhz again.

Yea whats wierd about my motherboard is it doesnt like to run using 3xHTT or 2x and 1x, so when i overclock even when i got to 300HTT i need to stay @ 4xHTT cuss 3x wont work

personally i would wait till water cooling, cause i remember trying to OC my 64 with the stock HSF and it did that, or it just didn't load, or just died.....lol......but your ram should hold up, what you could try is making your memory read as like 266mhz and then try to OC with the multiplier, or try 260x10 see if that would help. I have to underclock the memory on my board since i have PC2700 but you should be able to run with 333mhz underclock and be fine :)

Well candyman I couldnt even get to my desktop at 2.6. So I will try 2.5 or 2.55 and run Prime95 while I sleep. If it isnt stable ill just wait till I get watercooling, which should be around xmas.

I went from the stock HSF to watercooling and even when my temps went from 60c to 30c i didnt get a overclocking increase....

Really dude you have pc3500 ram so run the system @ something like 11x230 with 4xHTT, ram freq @ 200mhz for a 1:1 ratio, running the ram @ 230mhz shouldnth urt cuss its rated for that anyway, try this first

Well I didnt go up to 230 because the max there was 200. Im at 2530Mhz right now. It seems whenever I got past 2577 it locks up. I didnt see anywhere in the bios to change hte multi to 11 instead of 12. Maybe its just somehwere I wasnt looking. Well im off to bed and ill run Prime95 and see how that does. Thanks for all the help so far.

Well I was trying to run Prime95 but it wont even run. It just says there is an error. Ill just do some of my own tests then tomorrow I guess. =\

Back