• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Booster and vTT Tracking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Styyn

So I finally get a Booster to push my BH5 further and come to find out that it's effectively useless in conjunction with MadCat1968's vTT mod. I now know that, on my MAX3, Madcat's mod sets vTT via the bios vdimm setting, not by dynamically tracking the voltage that is currently being pushed into the ram. To double check, I dropped the bios setting down to 2.6 and 2.8 while increasing vdimm via the Booster and the vTT stayed right at 1.3 and 1.4, respectively.

Currently, my multimeter reads 3.248v vdimm with 3.2 set in bios, and the Madcat mod maxes out the vTT at 1.644. This means the Booster is only effective in giving me a .04v increase in that I'm now able to set my vdimm at 3.288 (2 * 1.644).

My questions are these:

Does anyone know of a fix for the Madcat mod that will allow it to track beyond 1.644 vTT? I know about Malve and Hipro's mods, but given that I already have a trace cut for the Madcat mod, I'm uncertain as to if/how those mods would work in my situation.

Can any IC7/G/Max2 users with the Madcat fix and a Booster confirm this problem across the IC7 variants?

Can anyone else with a mobo of any kind (Intel or AMD) and a Booster confirm with a multimeter that their vTT is tracking "on the fly" when their Booster is pushing volts beyond what is set in the bios?

It's a bummer the MAX3's are out of production now or I'd just put this one up for sale, buy a new one, and hit it with Malve's mods. If there's no fix for my situation, expect to see a Booster in the classifieds soon :-/.

did you do malves mod, if yes it would allow vtt to go up to 1.88 that is the max for my max 3, I had mine at 3.7vdimm with 1.85vtt

Last edited:
cetoole said:
Can't you just repair the cut trace and do a new mod?

I forgot to mention that the MC50 cap had to be removed, also. So, yeah, repairing the trace would probably be doable, but I'm not sure about the cap.

Back