• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 90nm hit's 3 Ghz !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uhhh, yawn. 3 gigs on phase change was done over a year ago. Most of the pro's are past 3.2-3.3 now.

FX55's do close to 2.9 on air...

And furthermore, that's not even 90nm, it's a 130nm Clawhammer.

Interesting.
AMDAthlonFXoverclockingto3Ghz:Creatinga-jmke-4527.png

600Mhz more for 0.1 FPS.

Gautam said:
Uhhh, yawn. 3 gigs on phase change was done over a year ago. Most of the pro's are past 3.2-3.3 now.

Now, 3ghz on AIR will be a feat :beer:

Still on 2.8Ghz and counting though... :drool:

Indeed. I never thought processors at 3 GHz would cause the wrath of god to rain down on us. Lol. I think Madshrimps does not like people remote linking their images. ;) That means upload 'em to your own host. Heh. Of course give proper credit.

yanz said:
you have afx, you have vapochill, and you will have amd64 3ghz for sure.. :D
:eek:

not necassarly, not all FX CPU's will clock to 3ghz using Phase-change cooling

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
the fx-55 has hit 3.8 ghz already...

Dude post a link! I want to read that.

Gautam said:

LOL, damn I just realized it was a 53 and not a 55 (Homer voice - DOOOOHH!)
No less impressive though, if only to show GPU's are not that far ahead as many seem to believe...

3.8GHz screenshot but probably not 3dmarkable past 3.5GHz I want 3GHz air cooled but it looks like amds having trouble what that :(

Overclocker550 said:
3.8GHz screenshot but probably not 3dmarkable past 3.5GHz I want 3GHz air cooled but it looks like amds having trouble what that :(

not quite man. Im almost breaking 2.8ghz on an old AXP! :beer: thats with room temp air going through my SLK too.

Give me a PSU >350W and when it snows, I'll pipe air in straight from outside. 3ghz is on its way :D

Back