• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X-VM no bios settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

My dad has a athlon xp 2600 fitted in a Asus A7N8X-VM with one stick of pc3200.
In the bios then are no settings for fsb or multi theres not even any memory settings at all.
All there is chipset settings which is basicaly just for the on-board video.
How the hell do i get to the advanced settings, as there must be some as the box says it has overclocking protection.

Bump theres must be and advance section somewhere?

Well, do tell if you find anything! I couldn't..

And using DDR400 memory, it defaulted to a fsb combination that the integrated video couldn't handle. So I could ony get it stable by ditching the DDR400 sticks and run DDR333 memory insted of just doing that in the BIOS! ARGH!!!

..I don't like that board..

jenko said:
Bump theres must be and advance section somewhere?

I have that model board. It's a MATX board with NO settings for overclocks.
It will run as fast as the CPU that is installed...up to 166 fsb. The memory speed will only run at what rating the ram is you install, up to ddr400.

If you use the onboard video, the ram must be DDR333. If you use DDR400 then a video card must be used.

Pain, eh? :)

Asus also make a MATX board using the VIA Chipset, same thing, no features for overclocking.

They are nice boards for a HTPC setup though.

Al

Maybe i raise the fsb with a clock gen.
The board was the best choice as it was cheap and didnt have to buy a video card, overclocking is not really needed for what its used for.

Well the dd400 works fine using the onboard video its just running at 166 instaed of 200, dont make any odds as pc3200 is same price as pc2700.

Back