• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damaged Drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper848

Registered
I'm putting together a rig with 2 74 gig SATA raptors on a raid 0.
I went to install windows and it was gong fine. I set it up with only 1 partittion. I let it format for about 30 minutes (148 gigs takes a while), and when it finished I got a message stating that I can't install windows on this partition because it wasn't formatted correctly and that the drive may be damaged. Is there a way I can get past this? or does it require a...*gulp*...RMA?

Oh and a sidenote, I ran it 5 or 6 times with the molex power connector and the SATA power plugged in to both drives. I later found out that only one should be plugged in. Is this the source of my woes?

I don't mean to laugh to put you down, but this is funny.

Tell the guys at Western Digital what happened, I'm sure they will replace your drive.

:rolleyes: They really ought to put a sticker saying "Only plug one power cable in!" because that question gets asked a lot on here, A LOT. At least include a SATA splitter and ditch the molex altogether.

Yes, your drive r teh toast

great....*sigh*....just great

and im not offended, i'm sure i'll look back on it and laugh...then cry

Believe me, your mistakes will cost you a few dollars for shipping and a couple of weeks, you lucked out. :D

Some people's mistakes on here have costed them their Central Nervous system, at least slightly. =\

i agree, there really should be a label or something that says only one power source is needed.

Back