• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most important parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are looking at the MP650 or the AquaXtreme variant I would also take a look at the PanWorld 30PX at PremiumAquatics.com PanWorld 30PX

It has the nearly the same specs as the 650 or AE, is touted as being 'better than Iwaki' (I assume because they are supposed to be slightly more quiet than the Iwakis). It has the same head but puts out nearly 50% more flow.

PanWorld and Blueline are the same pump. This is the company started by an ex-engineer from Iwaki. On both Marine Depot and Premium Aquatics they state they match the Iwaki's for peformance and dependability yet are slightly more quiet. Cant complain about that or the price. The biggest downside is the larger size by comparision to the 650s and variants. This could also be a reason not to buy it. Still its a pretty sweet pump.

Last edited:
Isn't there a pump where you can do some sorta mod to make it REALLY quiet? Which one is that? :D

For a beginner, I recommend the 6002-a waterblock. Very easy to install. I did it, lol, and I am a beginner. As far as the pumps go, some of you guys must have really sensitive ears to think that the mcp-650 is "fairly loud". It's not silent by any means, but I wouldn't say its any louder than a 80mm 30 cfm case fan. The most noise you will hear imo and I can only say this from my system, is the 120mm fan that you attach to the rad. That is by far the loudest part of my computer. Good luck, watercooling is one of the most exciting projects you will ever do for your computer. It was for me.

My 1250 is pretty much silent on the carpet. You can hear it if you're within about 1 foot of it, but the HD's quickly drown it out.

Hmm.. the 1250 is sounding really nice for me. I really want something quiet, AND it performs really nicely for the noise level. Thanks, buddies! :D

"Take a look at some of the systems showcased in this forum* and you'll start to get a good idea of components that work well together in order to provide maximum performance and value."

Hafa, you sound like a pro in the watercooling domain. I'm looking into upgrading my system and was hoping for some suggestions as to the optimum water cooling solution for under $200.

What would you get?

Just about to head over to the stickies :).

Debating on the core water cooling components:
The contestants so far: What would you go for?

Water block: Cathar's storm/G4 waterblock or MCW6000/6002
Radiator: Thermochill 120.x series
Pump: AquaXtreme pump from CoolTechnica or MCP650 or MCP600
GPU Block?:

“I don't really understand why anyone debates which waterblock to get.”
LOL

The aquaextreme is a mcp600 AFAIK, so that eliminates one option.

I would go with the swiftech block as performance won't be drasticallly different, as long as price is considerably less.

Radiator depends on where you are going to put it and what your size requirements are.

Back