• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a all in wonder 128

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

First ati I have worked on and need some help with drivers.This is on a windows 98 box and have to be carefully that that the drivers will work with some older programs that run an embroidery machine.Display drivers are in but still have exclamation marks on the TV tuner and other things with the card.Is there a set of older drivers that will take care of everything on on this ati all in wonder 128 card?

Ok I installed the 4.13.7192 drivers so do I need to install the mm software seperate?I hate to nag or sound stupid but I have exclamation marks on the tv tuner,audio crossbar,Theater video and pcd wdm vbi codec in device manager.

Last edited:
It's not a stupid question :)

You have to install the multimedia software version 7.2 for ME to activate the tuner and other functions.

After you have installed it and rebooted, all those exclamation marks should disappear.

Al

Well thank you for the reply.I installed the 4.13.7192 drivers rebooted then the 7.2 mm software - rebutted and still have exlamation marks on the listed items.What I'm getting is *NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (code2)*.This is a windows 98 box and I tried replacing the NTKERN.VDX but nothing.As I said this is the first ati card I have used and need help.

Last edited:
After doing a little research, I found a solution that you could try. It could be that NTKERN.VXD is in the wrong location or corrupted. You can extract it from the 98SE Disk using sfc.

(sfc = system file checker) It's a program you can run by clicking on "Start" and then on "Run"

Run sfc to extract NTKERN.VXD from the Windows 98 Second Edition disc into
>c:\windows\system and c:\windows\system\vmm32, and reboot.

Al

I have already taken those steps and many more and still have the issue.Matter of fact when I saw the error replacing the ntkern.vxd was the first thing I did. I have repaired many computers but I have to say this one has stumped me.I really believe something is wrong with the tuner part of this card.Thanks very much for your input ;)

Back