• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 9600pro on stock cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twist

How much should I/can I over clock my ATI AIW 9600 pro with stock cooling? Currently its at 398 core / 324 memory. How much more do you guys think I can get? :burn:

There really is no way to know without testing, results vary a lot. The 9600 is a pretty cool running card anyway, so more cooling probably wouldnt help much.

Well I have had my AIW 9600 Pro up to 375 / 355, but I never leave it there more than to benchmark. My old 9600PRO used to do 526 / 346 on stock cooling with no volt mods. I would say that you could probably get a bit more out of your ram, but every card is different. Just play with it and see where you get. If it gets too hot, you will probably get artifacts, in which case, drop teh speed a bit and test again.

Mine came at 398 core / 324 memory. Those were my stock settings. Is that odd considering you said you got yours up to 375/355??

Back