• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching brands of cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortis03

I recently bought and recieved a geforce 6800 LE. My current card is a ati 9700 np. I'm looking around for a way to remove all the ati drivers and such, but I cant really find all that much. Also, do I need to do much else besides removing the drivers from ati? I know a clean install of windows would prolly be best but that isnt an option right now. I plan to in the future, but not right now. Anyway, is there a program or something that'll clean all the old card's stuff away? Thanks

IWasHungry said:
Also, if you want to download a program that will work for future uninstalls, if/when you uninstall your current card. Works for both ATI and Nvidia cards
Driver Cleaner 3: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

Thank you both for the responses.

yeah, I ended up using the driver cleaner 3.

Thanks

I knew there was another one out there somewhere.....I used that when I changed from Nvidia to ATI...couldn't remember the name though ;)

Back