• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally PIII 700 cA2 stable at 868MHz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karsta

This is of course a bit daring statement but 26 hours of Prime95 convinced me that CPU actually is stable. I am not sure yet about infinite game stability (won't be needed anyway) but odds are good.

It took Vcore of 2.10V and load HS temperature of 32-33°C (CPU 1-3° higher?) to gain. Fan noise with current setup is anyway too strong for me, so work will continue.

I know the feeling! My p3 700 is not running happy at 845.

The temps seem to have stablized at 65c but I dont know if they are accurate. I believe taht be6 and cpucool dont like eachother.

I need a new MB.

Good Luck with ur chip.

stompah said:
I know the feeling! My p3 700 is not running happy at 845.

The temps seem to have stablized at 65c but I dont know if they are accurate. I believe taht be6 and cpucool dont like eachother.
I certainly hope the temps aren't accurate! That would be very bad news.

I have a slot 1 version and I'm stuck at 868 as well. My previous CPU was the same thing, same stepping (cB0) as my current one. It would do 933 at 1.75 volts with no issues at all. It died unexplainably (overclocking unrelated) and I got it replaced by Intel. The new one just frustrates me to no end!

My point? Some CPU's are just stubborn! Still, hopefully there are some other problems that can be fixed and you'll be able to get back to pushing the envelope! Good luck!

Thanks Stompah!

I also hope that your cpu temp is not real. Oh well - If you get it past 800MHz at 65°, what would you get at 35°? There is lots of potential if the temperature reading is for real.

Good luck with your chip!

Back