• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ errors (lots)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pipsquek

Registered
My system specs are down in my sig. Im running memtest on that rig and everything is brand new, kept getting some ***.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close in some games so I decided to run memtest 86+ and its now been running for 27 mins and is on test 6 pass 2 and I already have 89 errors. Should I pull em out and send em back to newegg??
Im not sure how to scoll down to see and count each test error. I havent overclocked anything either, everything still at stock. Whats your thoughts?

One of your function keys (not sure which one) give you an error count. Test each stick SEPARATE. It is usually one or the other. Hey, it happens. That many errors means a bad stick. RMA it. :burn:

Try more vdimm, I think you can raise it to 2.75 volts and be within the warranty. Also try individual sticks to see which causes errors.

Ya its rated on newegg as 2.75. IN my bios 1007 on my A8V its got DDR Voltage 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8. No options for 2.75. I cant find where it says Vdimm voltage, im guessing DDR Voltage is the same?

Last edited:
The via chipset isn't crazy about TCCD memory chips, which I believe you have on your Corsair. But try it at 2.7-2.8V with 1T timings and see if it flies.

Ok I raised the vdimm to 2.7 as there were no 2.75 setting in bios and now have way less errors, 12 after the 2nd pass. I kept an eye on it and all the errors come at the end of test 5 around 98-99% right before it swiches to test 6. Anyone know what those errors mean? and since I do have those errors should I go ahead and run the tests for a full 24 hours?

In Bios Memory Configuration i see a TWCL settings Auto 1clk and 2clk that the same as 1t? if not wher can I find it, sorry to be a nusance :)

Give it 2.8v and see if that clears up the errors. If not, I would return them. If they dont do what they are supposed to, then you have the right to get a replacement.

OK Ill try that, the thing is it said it has a plug and frag configuration of automatically setting the bios to 2-2-2-5 but I had to do it manually. It was running at 2-2-3-5 when I put em in. Runnin the tests now at 2.8, should I worry about burning anything up at 2.8?

Raised it to 2.8v and same errors at the end of test 5, guess Ill RMA em :-/ Had to RMA my 6800 Ultra OC as well still waitin on it hehe. Thanks for the help fellas

Back