• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on bio mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s002wjh

people said about bio mod VGA volt from 1.3 to 1.4, is this bio mod in the mobo bio or the bio in graphic card. IF is in the graphic card than how do i adjust it? also for 2d = 1.3 and for 3d = 1.4 right??

1. backup your bios (nvflash --save or nvflash -d )
2. use OmniExtremeEditFXv15 to edit your bios! u will have the optiion to change the voltage. .. yea. 3d=1.4V.. save it
3. flash it

is that using nvflash to back my bios? sry never flash bio before, some one get me little more detail on how to change bio setting in VGA

yes, nvflash ***.rom
once you download the OmniExtremeEditFXv15, you will know how to edit your bios.
very simply. select the voltage from the combo box.. and save it ..
easy!

i wanna volt mod my bio on my evga 6800nu.What voltages should i set it to in 3D/throttling/and 2D and also i see something about core speed and and memory speeds what should i set them at>also i have it softmodded and its fine can i mod the bios the open 16 6 ?

Last edited:
OK Im all good to go I think
NVFlash on a boot disk just gotta throw on my new bios with 1.4V added
this is suposed to be saved as a rom file correct?
I think I covered everything?
now just boot up then nvflash bfg6800gt1.4.rom and Im done?
and again to save my old one is nvflash --save ? are the dashes the name of the bios?
and were does it save it to ?

Question from me too (sorry for hijacking): I have savebios. I run it (in windows) and a file appears in the directory blahblah.rom. Is this my bios for my video card? I mean is that a backup of it?

Thanks

mR|bUNgLe said:
OK Im all good to go I think
NVFlash on a boot disk just gotta throw on my new bios with 1.4V added
this is suposed to be saved as a rom file correct?
I think I covered everything?
now just boot up then nvflash bfg6800gt1.4.rom and Im done?
and again to save my old one is nvflash --save ? are the dashes the name of the bios?
and were does it save it to ?
Save you bios first.. nvflash --save **.rom( name your original bios) or nvflash -d **.rom. it will save to the Floppy!
then use the command nvflash **.rom ( that is bfg6800gt14.rom) DONT PUT the DOT between 1 and 4. nvflash will not recognize..
sometime you will need command nvflash -5 -6 or nvflash -F to flash the bios
but you just flash your modded bios form your original bios. so it is no need to use the command above
Read the READ ME before you flash, this is at your own risk.

Mortis03 said:
Question from me too (sorry for hijacking): I have savebios. I run it (in windows) and a file appears in the directory blahblah.rom. Is this my bios for my video card? I mean is that a backup of it?

Thanks
which tool did you use to backup your bios?

i cant reflash my card with the modded bios. Im using nvflash5.10 .It will make a copy but i cant flash the modded bios...help...lol I enter nvflash -f 6800.bin thats what the read me say to do.It works for making a backup but i cant flash the modded bio.Any ideas..lol

mR|bUNgLe said:
I used omniextremeeditfx
???? you have two different account?? are you Mortis03 as well?
so you have your original bios which you backup by nvflash and you named your bios blahblah.rom. right? you can use omniextremeeditfx to edit your bios. when you mod your original bios , you save it. the modded bios will be save on the same directory of the omniextremeeditfx ( ps it will tell you to type the name of the new bios (modded bios).
if you open your original bios, but didnt mod your bios and you saved it. it also will save the original bios again on the directroy.

so the blahblah.rom is the original bios which you backup by nvflash.

gigabit said:
i cant reflash my card with the modded bios. Im using nvflash5.10 .It will make a copy but i cant flash the modded bios...help...lol I enter nvflash -f 6800.bin thats what the read me say to do.It works for making a backup but i cant flash the modded bio.Any ideas..lol
what error message did get ???
broad ID doesn't match?
PCI SUBsystem ID doesnt match?
or something else?

wasnt an error message just the help screen comes up that shows you all you can do.then it shows q to quit or enter to continue.then it does say aomething about pci overide or something.

Back