• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Booting Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GerrFel

Don't know if this is MoBo related, but I might as well try.

Boot Problem for WinXP Pro SP2

I turn on my computer, hear the HDD spin up, everything is fine. My MoBo posts, everything is good, and the Windows XP Pro Screen comes up, with the moving green bar. Once that finishes, my computer restarts, completely. I've tried normal, safe mode, everything. Bios settings are fine. I played it earlier, turned it off to talk to my girlfriend, went to turn it on an hour later, and nothin'. Help appreciated!

Dropped the overclock already, CPU WITH it ran at 40 deg Celsius. Computer is in the basement, with 5 fans running, it's cool! Without the OC it runs the same. Next suggestion!

If everything doesn't run @ stock, something in your install could be corrupted. Reinstall.

My brothers machine did the same thing a month ago. Ended up being the PSU went POOF, literally, the puff of smoke out the back was the giveaway.

New PSU fixed it, but it did managed to kill the hardrive in the process.

Heres a suggestion if you want to elminate hardware as being part of the problem. Try booting with a Live Linux CD and see how far you get with that running.

I second the "try it with a liveCD" suggestion, linux or windows will work (though windows might be a little hard to get, they don't distribute them, and I think you need a working system to make one?)

Back