• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some advice from the guru's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
I've done all the obivious things,win2k,dx8.1,fresh install,sp4,agp apperture 64mb,single 256 bh-5 stick 2-2-2-6@225,real time priorty,bunch of services shut off,refresh rate@60,desktop@16bit,swap file@480,regisrty cleaned and defraged,a few tweaks from x-setup.is there anything I'm missing?should I focus my overclocking towards running something like 246x11 with max memory set for 166?is my video card the limiting factor?

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8218981

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8222798

the top score is at 222x12 [email protected]
the second score is at 225x12 memory@2-2-2-6

for some reason I thought the difference would be greater between the two.I thought the second one would have been about 200 pts higher.

Hrmm...the video clocks are basically the main culprit. You've got pretty much the highest score I've ever seen for clocks like yours. The only scores I've seen higher are done by Clawhammers. The cache is hurting by 500 points maybe, and most likely bottlenecking any clock speed increases as well.

Still, though, excellent scores, and :eek: @ the CPU clock... I wouldn't change your overclock in the slightest; it's right where it should be.

But lucky for you, Ricky and Pedro Rocha just found out a killer tweak that should be enough to put you past 25k.

You go to device manager, computer, and add an ACPI multiprocessor PC.

Takes off maybe 1.5 secs in SuperPI, and adds about 500 points in 3dmark01.

Beware, though, it does some strange things. You'll see very high idle temps, even higher than load sometimes if that makes any sense. It also causes bugged nature scores. When it doesn't bug nature, though, the scores are perfectly fair.

Also...your second one is over 200 pts higher...heh.

you might want to consider doing a windows profile with as few programs and services as possible..... this can give you a little boost in score. Not a ton but it will help some.

if I understand you right Gautam I pretty much just update the driver to "ACPI multiprocessor PC" from whatever its at now?I gotta tell you man this cpu is a beast [email protected](1.55 bios the board overvolts) rocks.I'm not sure what the safe limit for vcore on air is or I'd try higher.

@HousERaT it's on it's own harddrive strictly for 2k1.this is all that is installed:win2k,sp4,mobo drivers,vga drivers,fix it 4,x-setup,disk keeper,rad linker,2k1.that's it I also have a bunch of services turned off.if I benched it on my day to day OS with DTD clocks I score just under 23k.

Last edited:
I havent a clue about ATI drivers, but perhaps there are some that will give you the extra boost you need? Also are you running the card fully stable? If yes clock it higher so you can just get through the game tests, (this may give you a lower score, but it help some with my gf4 4600TI) Also run 3dmark in high priority mode. Loop the car tests about 10 times, thats helped me in the past. Its been a while since i played with 3dmark, ill post if i think of anything else. Hope that makes some sence and helps.

Good luck

AFAIK, ColtIce already runs the car tests plenty of times, and knowing him, his card's probably at its limits.

You can do 1.7v safely with these, but not much more. Usually past 1.7v doesn't help anyways. I run 1.7 (1.75ish actual) 24/7.

Gautam said:
AFAIK, ColtIce already runs the car tests plenty of times, and knowing him, his card's probably at its limits.

You can do 1.7v safely with these, but not much more. Usually past 1.7v doesn't help anyways. I run 1.7 (1.75ish actual) 24/7.

yep the cards maxed@459/371 after about 10-12 car low runs I have to let it sit for awhile in between runs.I'm going to flash back to XT for some 2k3 runs so I'll try that tweak you mentioned earlier then.gotta goto work at 5:00 est so no fun for me until the morning :(

Hold on now, your card is at 459/371?

Your Nature should be way higher. Car low and drag low also I'd think.

Gautam said:
Hold on now, your card is at 459/371?

Your Nature should be way higher. Car low and drag low also I'd think.
I thought so too.for every 7MHz I raise the core I get a whopping 1 fps in nature here I'm at 412/365 cpu@stock http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8210773
hmm maybe I should try the 4.8's again.I'm going to try some more in the morning with a XT bios and the 4.8's.

Back