• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD suddenley wakep UP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Few months back my second HDd (40GB) GAVE A SOUND WHILE I'M IN THE WINDOWS AND AFTER FEW DAYS IT CRASHED GIVING ME SOME CHANCE TO RECOVER DATA BEFORE SAYING GOODBYE. So i left it aside thinking it might be useul to me in someday. After one or 2 months later i accidentley plugged it back to my machine and it works!!! Can somebody explain how can this happen? So far i created a one big partion and keep on cheking copying some files into it and to make sure it is ok. Only diffrence it thius time i'm having a new mobo after my last one died without reason. :clap:

It's entirely possible that the physical removal and re-installation of the drive either jarred loose a jammed mechanical component, removed a shorted electrical circuit or re-attached an open electrical circuit. There's a good posibility that one of the circuits in question may have been either the connectors or the IDE cable.

Back