• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia graphics quality

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamie_bkc

I've seen some threads on how nvidia's newer cards are providing poor quality graphics compared to some later ati ones, it seems this may be a driver roblem, what im wondering is, is this likely to be fixed anytime soon? also is there a program for nvidia cards that detects artifacts like ati tool?

no, not compareed to the fx range, there awas a post on these forums a while back that compared the R9700pro to a 6800gt, and although the 6800 rendered more, the radeon's quality was much better.

absolutely INCORRECT

ONLY problems Nvidia has right know is some texture ground shimmer in games like BF1942 (which is a driver issue and they are rumored to be working on it);
and there's no option to enable triple buffering in OpenGL games on the 6800 series.

besides that, IQ is virtually identical - AA quality & AF quality.

I've compared my 6800GT to my 9700pro side by side on my 2 computers, if you're wondering.

Others will tell you that ATi is better at IQ, but they are inevitably fanboys who haven't compared the differences themselves and rely on conjecture to form their opinions.

I'm sure they'll disagree.

I would have to say as well that the new 66.81 drivers have greatly improved upon those issues. Again, Nvidia will always shine w/ driver support. As far as Direct X based games, I did a image quality test w/ Call Of Duty the other night, the link is below:

Settings:
4x AA, forced, not app controlled
Max Quality
1600x1200
66.81 Drivers
BFG 6800GT OC

CoD Nvidia Image Quality Comparison

-Tyler

I'm not happy with the IQ of 6800 series at all (owned 1x 6800, 4x 6800 GT), honestly, it makes me think if AA/AF is even working, it's that bad. I can see jaggies even when I play games at 8x AA, it's a shame. I'm moving to ATI, very soon.

techbringe.com, nice stuff you did there, I would have to agree the IQ did improve over drivers, but what are the other driver you're comparing to? Also, I would imagine ATI would be slight better than the 66.81 driver IQ, without too many frame drops. (one thing I hate about nvidia cards, LOTS OF frame drops)

Back