• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ 11 Used by 5 different hardwares!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Ive been getting bluescreens due to my NIC card, and decided to check out the IRQ settings, so i load up system information and find out that IRQ 11 is being shared by 5 seperate hardwares including my NIC card....

11 RADEON 9700PRO
11 Netword Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter
11 SB PCI(WDM
11 VIA USB UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER
11 VIA USB UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER

Well, this isnt good =/ I need to change them but the "change setting" box in the resources tab of the hardware properties of ANYTHING is grayed out and wont let me change...

I'm guessing this has to do with ACPI, under "computer" it says Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC. I'm guessing if i turn off ACPI and turn on APIC, i will be able to change the IRQs, someoen correct if wrong.

Only thing is, i heard that you have to reinstall windows when either Turning ACPI off or ON, and i cant remember which, would i have to reinstall windows? Someone help!

edit: found some more info, here is my motherboard manual: http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/selectresults.php?language=&col1=Motherboard&col2=58&col3=Manual

It seems that my motherboard bios does not have an option to change IRQs unfortunately....

thanks in advance

Last edited:
ACPI Generally does an excellent job of hanling resources. How do you know that the bluescreens are from the nic? maybe updating the driver or firmware would help. If not nic's are like 10 bucks. personally I'd just go out and buy a new one if it continued to cause trouble.

Back