• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the difference between these 2 Sony Dvd Burners ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Superman

Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive Black, Model DW-D22A-B2, OEM
[ link ]
price: $68.00

Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive Black, Model DW-D22A-B2, OEM
[ link ]
Price: $72.00

So whats the 4$ 1line of spec Im missing ?

if you look at the pic one has software cd the other not, that's the difference, read the part about packing
dual layer allowes you to burn on I think on dual layer dvd's upto 8.5GB

oh wow, owned by the pictures and thats usually the first thing I look at , doh!

Allright, cool, thanks for showing me to the not so obvious :)

went back to newegg and had a look see, came across this.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-962&depa=1

i figured you would recommend me a Lite On, so ima beat you to the punch :p

never had a lite on before. i got a 8x CDRW Hewlett Packard, its ballparked to be about 5years old, and I was looking around for a 2nd system and I saw these dvd burners preety reasonably priced . UPGRADE !

you like your Lite On ?

I like my lite-on, but have only had it a year, so the reliabilty is a ???? , I've never heard of anybody having issues . It's just a known fact that Sony's laser eyes and trackers are garbage in everything they make from in dash cd players, DVDs, Discmans, CD-drives and PS-2s. The only other brand I've heard of as having poor reliabilty is Thomson/RCA/GE. Not banging on Sony either, everything Sony makes that DOES NOT have a laser-eye in it is great stuff.

i got it from newegg, so if there is a loud noise like in that article said i might ship it back in.

ill let yall know how it goes.

on the tests the Lite On was in the middle of the pack for most of it, and up at the top for CR Writing, which is probly mostly what im going to be doing.

Last edited:
i just ordered a lil over a hour ago, i should be able to cancel it shouldnt i ?

yea, i just did it , haha.

so lets try this again, recommendations of Dvd players/burners ? preferribly non squeekers. Im thinking about that Panasonic, ima re read that article and check some prices.

Back