• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Stable Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

Hey all you ATI gurus. I need to know what is the most stable yet recent (nothing like a year or two old or something) set of ATI drivers for a 9800 pro. I've been having problems where every time I start up a game my computer reboots and when I get back into windows it says my computer has recovered from a fatal error. At first I thought it was my memory. But I tested each stick by itself and in all 4 different dimm slots and it still occured. Then I decided if its a problem of loading things to ram, why not run prime95 torture "Blend" test? I did so and it was fine. Then I did some research on some of the STOP codes it gave me on micrsoft's site and it said I may have a graphical driver issue. I had the latest omega's and they worked fine for a week or so but here I am with the same problem (I had this problem a little over a week ago and I decided since my install was getting all cruddy and slow I might as well reformat). So now I'm thinking I should install the most stable, yet recent drivers for my card. Rig specs are in my sig. Also heres a SS of the drivers I have already downloaded, maybe one of these would be worth a shot?

P.S. The hilighted one is the latest 4.10 drivers from ATI. I was thinking of just trying those...but I need the most stable drivers.
ATI.jpg

Ok you know of a place where I can DL these? I don't care about how the drivers perform in 3DMark or anything, thats pointless to me I just wana max out my settings in my game and not have it reboot the second I start up the game. I've done it before so I know the card can handle it I just think its the stupid Omega's that are giving me errors.

Back