• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so how many U flashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mR|bUNgLe

How many (BFG) GT owners here succesfully flashed to an ultra just by moving the slider in omnietreme or any other bios editor to ultra?
is there any way to overcome the loser ram timings and power consumption

Omni extreme has the option to change the ram timmings so i assume if you know youre cards ram timmingsj ust change them to that when youre editing an Ultra bios. To keep the power consumtion down, just edit the voltages on the Ultra fro mthe stock 1.4v 3d ect to 1.3v like on the GT.

But be warned setting the 2d voltage to 1.1v which is on the GT and Ultra, doesnt mean youre card will run @ 400/1100 @ 1.1v, so avoiding the power confumtion all together may be imposible. Unless you have a card like mine which can run 400/1100 @ 1.1v

mh, i would stay away from changing the ram timings. dont know, just a feeling ;)

also i think it would be even harder to achieve ultra speeds when you have tighter timings!?

My BFG6800gt is working great
edited my own bios,
just added another .1v to 3d, left 2d alone

strong and stable at 433/1150 max with NV5 50 idle / 67 load

hmm Im getting a gpu missmatch error when trying to flash to this ultra bios
its a gt gt bios then set the tab to ultra
2d is 1.1v 300 300
throttle 1.3v
3d 1.4v 400 550

any clue as to why it wont work?

Back