• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sentential03's burn in's really do work for me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spajky2 said:
@ Sentential & ALL others ...

Hey Guys; has anyone ever thought about pre-burning a CPU even before is new mounted on the MoBo, like I have done with all my CPUs till now: [ http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/preBurn-in.htm ] ? After this kind of "thermal Burn-in" I proceeded than with few weeks slowly step-by-step "electrical Burn-in" with working CPU inside PC running this: [ http://users.volja.net/jerman55/Burn-In.zip ] /16kb! only/ This stuff heats most - watch temps !!! It is no harder work for a Cpu than this for sure! Bye ... :D ...

I like mine scrambled :rolleyes:

Someone try it without the regular burn-in and see what happens... I'm sure the electric burn-in also has its purpose... it makes the CPU get used to lower voltage I think.

The heat burn-in probably gets the paste to smoothen a bit, which the electric burn-in would be doing anyways.

Hmmm, this might explain why my oldie Barton, witch used to need 2.1Vcore to run stable at 2200Mhz (hey, this IS a old CPU, don't bash it for poor OC) requires now only 1.9Vcore to be stable at 2200Mhz.
I never run CPU burn-it on it, tough. I just let it fold... LOL :p

I might try to get this suxxka working at 1.850Vcore at 2200Mhz tough. Might be worth a try. 1.900Vcore seems too much for me...

And the improvents I before attributed to my DFI LP modding (echanging and adding several hi-quality caps), hmm. Might not be then true...

Yes

trodas said:
Hmmm, this might explain why my oldie Barton, witch used to need 2.1Vcore to run stable at 2200Mhz (hey, this IS a old CPU, don't bash it for poor OC) requires now only 1.9Vcore to be stable at 2200Mhz.
I never run CPU burn-it on it, tough. I just let it fold... LOL :p

I might try to get this suxxka working at 1.850Vcore at 2200Mhz tough. Might be worth a try. 1.900Vcore seems too much for me...

And the improvents I before attributed to my DFI LP modding (echanging and adding several hi-quality caps), hmm. Might not be then true...

It worked for me!

Haha. seems I missed the other NINE pages. :rolleyes: So its probably been long answered. lol

felinusz said:
I'm having the same problem right now - inexplicably, after I reinstalled Prime95 on my WinXP partition, the program will no longer bring my CPU up to 100% useage. It'll go up to 15-30%, and then fall to ~7%, never making any progress past the first test - although not erroring or freezing either.

Prime95 still works fine on my Win2K partition though... very strange.

o.k what you need to do is hit the magical ctrl+alt+del. Go to the processes tab, and right click on the prime95 process. Go to priority. Set it to high. You will most likely have to stop, and start prime95 after setting this, to see it in action. And Your p.c. will probably become a little less responsive after this.

I do NOT reccomend you set it to "real-time" You probably wont get a usable response for quite some time. Hehe

primepriorty.jpg

Hmm thinking about doing this. I was never able to hit 3ghz w/ my opt 146, so may b i will with this techinique. I'll update once i c some results. :)

UPDATE: Running burn in as we speak @ 1.3v for 2.8ghz. My only question is that at this low voltage its not heating up at all. Load temps w/ burn in are barely 40C... Wat do i do? :shrug: Will it affect effectiveness if my cpu isn't even hot?

Last edited:
yes burning in my cpu worked for me, i burned my AMD Athlon 64 3000+ newcastle in overnight at 2400mhz @ 1.475v in which it would barely run. before burning-in i needed 1.55v to keep it stable, now all i need is 1.475.

im happy :)

bumsquad said:
Hmm thinking about doing this. I was never able to hit 3ghz w/ my opt 146, so may b i will with this techinique. I'll update once i c some results. :)

UPDATE: Running burn in as we speak @ 1.3v for 2.8ghz. My only question is that at this low voltage its not heating up at all. Load temps w/ burn in are barely 40C... Wat do i do? :shrug: Will it affect effectiveness if my cpu isn't even hot?
Heat has nothing to do with any of the methods I use. What this does occurs on an electrical level, not a thermal one

Last night I burned in my opt 146 @ 1.325v 2.8ghz for 10 hours. And when I woke up and primed it, it went from 4 minutes b4 an error to 25 minutes!!! @_@ it works!!!! AHH! But then i tried lowering the voltage to 1.3 which is my desired and it reboot after a couple minutes :( of burning in. So i'm currently burning in my cpu at 1.325v for another 12 hours and c where that gets me. Hopefully i'll b able move it down to 1.3v after this :)

Back