• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sentential03's burn in's really do work for me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SilverJag said:
Ahh, I don't get it!!

Sen - if you have time, PM me step by step..please lol.

Thanks! :sn:
err sure. However the PM was reguarding the fact that Monarch Computer has 3000+ Winchester for $150 shipped. Im on AIM right now, just IM me

SilverJag said:
Huh, I was talking about burn in test for my CPU..

Wait...what? :eh?:
I promised OC550 that the next time that S939 Winchesters went on sale that I would PM him.

As for the CPU burning Im on AIM right now, just IM me

theres a thread (somewhere) that details that, the leading theory at the moment is that it improves some of the transistors in the cpu

EclipseJP said:
Do you think that this would work with my old 2100 AXP that I have had running for the last 2 years? Cause she just will not go any higher then 2400 MHz.
It works on any CPU

would this still work on a vapor-cooling system? the cpu never really gets hot...it never gets above freezing for that matter...
ima give it a shot anyway, im testing a 2600M, trying to hit 3+ghz, and im not getting good results...

Well New results. After lowering i was able to get my voltage from 1.55v @ 2500mhz to 1.50v and prime95 passed for a lil over 2 hours before i stopped it, i decited to try 2600mhz @ 1.7v and i burned it in for about 4-5 hours. Ran prime95's small FFT to test the cpu out and it made it to test 4 and lasted for 7Min, when before on small FFT it would fail after 1-3 min on test 1 or 2. Its a small improovment but hey it worked.

To Answer people's question's just lower youre vcore on youre overclock to something thats barely stable, then run the burn in for a few ours like 4-5 and then you should be bale to lower the voltage even more. If you can do the burn in again 4 hours or so, then test for prime95 stability. Thats what i did and it worked so now my 24/7 oc off 2500mhz @ 1.55v is now @ 1.50v.

Then raise youre mhz slightly 2-3fsb and do another burn in and keep going to burn the whole cpu range in, other wise going from say 2500mhz @ 1.50v like me to 2550mhz @ 1.65v will seem like a huge jump. The burn in only helps to make the cpu @ the speed you set it to stable and able to use less voltage, from what i understand at least correct if i am wrong sen

So basically what you're saying is start to burn your chip in by running it at the lowest vcore that it stays stable at a certain speed, then each couple of hours/days, lower the vcore? and continue doing it till it just too unstable?
I'm wondering if it will allow me to run my Barton at a bit lower volts. 1.93v for 2.5GHz on not-so-good air isn't something I want to do.

The Coolest said:
So basically what you're saying is start to burn your chip in by running it at the lowest vcore that it stays stable at a certain speed, then each couple of hours/days, lower the vcore? and continue doing it till it just too unstable?
I'm wondering if it will allow me to run my Barton at a bit lower volts. 1.93v for 2.5GHz on not-so-good air isn't something I want to do.
Basically here is the premace. You push the vcore down to the breaking point. Low enough that no long-term program will run. But high enough to keep windows stable.

Let me further clarify. When you push the vcore down the second time, you will do so ONLY because the CPU will now be stable at a voltage level where it wasnt BEFORE you started the burn.

The basic theory is to starve the CPU of volts at all times to make it more responsive to vcore

Sentential said:
Basically here is the premace. You push the vcore down to the breaking point. Low enough that no long-term program will run. But high enough to keep windows stable.

Let me further clarify. When you push the vcore down the second time, you will do so ONLY because the CPU will now be stable at a voltage level where it wasnt BEFORE you started the burn.

The basic theory is to starve the CPU of volts at all times to make it more responsive to vcore
Ok, but let me get this straight, the first part of that post, while you're at the breaking point, do you just let it idle, or actually making it work with prime95 on small ffts or CPUburn?

The Coolest said:
Ok, but let me get this straight, the first part of that post, while you're at the breaking point, do you just let it idle, or actually making it work with prime95 on small ffts or CPUburn?
CPUburn wont error out, Prime 95 will. It would be like running P95 without error correction.

Note Cpu burn only tests the cpu, nothing else. I felt my chipset ram ect and they were all Cool but my cpu was putting some serius heat off.

WHat is the science behind this?

I assumed it might have something to do with heat transfer and thermal compound, however, sen suggested it does something to the silicon. Does anyone know about this? is this the same type of thing they did for the Fx 55? Will teh benifits go away if you reapply HSF? Will teh bennifits go away if you let the cpu cool down? and why does'nt AMD do this to begin with?

Will this work keeping the same oc you have now but just focusing on getting lower vcore?
Current: 1.4 @ 1.65v
After burn in: 1.4 @ 1.55v

Back