• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changed From Celron To P /// 450 Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey, some what new to this

Can you tell me how to change the FSB to make her go faster?

Hi SwiFT_SwiTCh, wellcome to the Forum,
First of all, what kind of Mobo. Brand/Model, are you using?
Generally to increase the Fsb (the System Bus) you must set a jumper on the Mobo or mod a parameter into the Bios, but all depends by your Mobo. Don't forget to monitor your chip temps, I suggest you MotherBoardMonitor that you can found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and it never must go over 50 degree C, but less is better.

I hope it helps you ;)

I know i have a Compac MoBo But thats it. My friend gave me the board and he didnt have the manual. :(

SwiFT_SwiTCh said:
I know i have a Compac MoBo But thats it. My friend gave me the board and he didnt have the manual. :(
Take a look to your Mobo for a code on a white label or install Sisoft Sandra and check the infos into the Module called 'Mainboard Information'

I hope it helps you ;)

..:: First post ::..

yeah ive been meaning to overclock my p3-450 but my board doesnt have bios overclock support , and the ****ing jumpers freaking scare the poo outta me , there are like 092523823 ones down there :cool:

oh and i read an article that the p3-450 outclocks the 500 and 550 , hold the highest mhz while still being stable

or something , i think it was on planethardware.com (a gamespy site)

Hi Load3r, wellcome to the Forum,
I'm sorry but your code don't match my research on the web, please install Sisoft Sandra and check the infos into the 'Mainboard Information' module ;)
About your chip, well, if your're lucky it works at 600Mhz with the system Bus at 133Mhz, but you need of a good Cpu cooler, thermal paste and mem module PC133.

I hope it helps you ;)

well my mother board is Asus P2B-F AGP
and yeah , 600 would be sweet
right now i got the side of the case off with a room fan pointed at it (a good enough distance to not have magnetic interference)
but my CPU is hidden behind the power supply

i think i have some arctic silver II somewhere , i swiped it from someones house :D

im actually gonna mod the case soon , install smore fans , round the IDE cables

most ive done so far is paint my keyboard green

Hey, i haven't checked mobo yet i will later today but i did use that program and this is what i got.

F**K image didnt come out...... well it didnt tell me anything about the board in other words :)

p3-450@600

finally i'm running my p3 450@600 voltage 2,38V SoyoVBA133, 128MB sdram pc133, step by step from 500 to 600 MHz, lots of burn-in, 3DMark, QuakeIII and other 3D games. Gonna try Cpuburn4 ...
i use to say "cmon try that nothing gets kaputt" (ok only my old hd WD 3GB did break ):(

Load3r said:
well my mother board is Asus P2B-F AGP
and yeah , 600 would be sweet
right now i got the side of the case off with a room fan pointed at it (a good enough distance to not have magnetic interference)
but my CPU is hidden behind the power supply

i think i have some arctic silver II somewhere , i swiped it from someones house :D

im actually gonna mod the case soon , install smore fans , round the IDE cables

most ive done so far is paint my keyboard green
Well, to Oc your chip on your Asus Mobo, you must go into the Advanced menu of Bios and set on Manual the Cpu Speed and on 133Mhz the Cpu Bus/Pci Freq. to obtain 600Mhz, but first of all you must check the chip temp not OCed, check the link into the other post for MotherBoardMonitor, and if around 40 degree C @full load (100% load) you can go, if the system isn't stable rise also a little the Cpu VCore but not over the 15% of the original value.

I hope it helps you, Good Luck! ;)

SwiFT_SwiTCh said:
F**K image didnt come out...... well it didnt tell me anything about the board in other words :)
Infact, at this point you must open your Box and take a look directly on the Mobo for a Brand and/or model ;)

Re: p3-450@600

Max the Axe said:
finally i'm running my p3 450@600 voltage 2,38V SoyoVBA133, 128MB sdram pc133, step by step from 500 to 600 MHz, lots of burn-in, 3DMark, QuakeIII and other 3D games. Gonna try Cpuburn4 ...
i use to say "cmon try that nothing gets kaputt" (ok only my old hd WD 3GB did break ):(
Many comps for your OC Max,
what are your chip temps now @full load (100% load) and what's happen to your Hd? it's broken or only a Fat corruption for the Pci Freq. out of specs?

ok Doors, i've to try running Cpuburn4 with Runprio...i'm going to download it to run @ full load...anyway sandra shows me 74-75°C...very hot...i think i'll read about the Intel S-code of my chip, i dont remember now, to avoid really burning it!

My WD hd crashed 'cause i ran for a long time a celeron 433@541 and fsb 83 made seriuos troubles, several broken sectors till collapse...sigh :confused:

pochi overclockers italiani ma buoni no? mandi dal Friul!

WHAT'S???
Max, your Cpu temps are ABSOLUTLY high and dangerous!
they must stay around 45 degree C @full load!
what kind of cooler are you using now, and what about the thermal paste?
I suggest you to use MotherBoardMonitor to check your Cpu temps, is a must that you can found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

About the Hd probs, well, it can happen with older Hd's with Pci freq. out of spec (33Mhz).

Max the Axe said:
ok Doors, i've to try running Cpuburn4 with Runprio...i'm going to download it to run @ full load...anyway sandra shows me 74-75°C...very hot...i think i'll read about the Intel S-code of my chip, i dont remember now, to avoid really burning it!

My WD hd crashed 'cause i ran for a long time a celeron 433@541 and fsb 83 made seriuos troubles, several broken sectors till collapse...sigh :confused:

pochi overclockers italiani ma buoni no? mandi dal Friul!
LOL, those temps are insane. I cant believe that you didnt melt something down at those temperatures. Do you have a hsf on the cpu? Or if you do try putting some thermal paste between it and the cpu. Did the fan quit working on the heatsink? Maybe you should think of putting a 4inch case fan in that beast too. You could use it to heat your house at those temps. Sorry, that last line was uncalled for. Seriously, you need to get some better cooling before you really fry something, or several things for that matter.

Back