• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDIA® GeForceTM 4 4200 Go Opinion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilxvietxboi

Well well well, I find myself in a dillema.

My uncle is giving me an option of getting a Laptop (Dell Latitude D800 ~$2k+) or building a new system from scratch for college(Probably will be AMD64 >~$1k).

I like to game so I would want a decent card for the PC I use in college. Now how is the performance with the Geforce 4 4200 GO (I think its 64mb. He has like 20 of these laptops he gets from work so I dont know the exact specs from these)?

Summary: Will the GF4 4200 GO be decent to play CS:S/HL:2 (probably 800x600 or widescreen if possible on lowest settings). Or would i need to go for the DIY(I have built many computers before) system. (I might need to search which laptop has the best vid card, but I think they are all 4200's). Is there anyway to upgrade the videocard in laptops?

Thanks!

So would you think it will have good performance with hl2?..... at widescreen maybe(low/med settings)?

one of the guys in my speech class had an alienware laptop that you could O/C... he had a 5200 go or whatever it's called...

yeah 5200go... for 1 the 5200 sucks lol.... for 2? it sucks lol... but yeah i rather the 4200 i wish it had the mobility 9800

Back