• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80GB Maxtor 7200 IDE Reports Unreadable Dynamic, But Tests (Powermax) perfectly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackrungh

I dont know what to do about this drive. It works well enough, and every reporting method other than the XP "Disk Managment" seems to think its fine. It reports in disk management as dynamic and unreadable. It works, files can transfer, seemingly no bad sectors or anything. Have formatted and run full tests in maxtor's diagnostic program. Any thoughts?

ok what else you tried with i and checked? Can u format that hard drive and make it as a primary one or a logical one? if you don't have any data on it try to fix the mbr and doa formatting and see weitehr it will work it perfectley. I'd say better to format using a a boot floppy disk rather than through the within windows. I had the siimmilar problem where hard disk dind't detected but after 2 moths it works fine :temper: and I really can't find any explantion for that but I'm happy about it :clap:

powermax diagnostic loads on a floppy and tests/ scans/ formats in its own boot environment, so yeah thats out, ill try fiddling, but if anyone knows of issues here, feel free to speak up

Back