• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Would You Like to See?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Now that Boinc seems to be fairly stable I think it's time to start thinking in terms of shifting our web site over to boinc coverage. Given the fact there are a number of stats sites already up, what do you think we should put on ours? Seems a little pointless to simply mirror stats from other sites, but that's about all we can do at this point in time. I'd like to see some suggestions.

I use that site as well but they don't update as often as I'd like. I also like the old team graph showing our slope versus other teams. Hopefully this new Seti version 4.07 will be stable as well. Downloaded units are coming up in my cache soon.

i use setisynergy too, but we ought to add stats that are more specific to our team. I like the idea of re-doing the team slope graph. Adding a "days to overtake" would be great i loved that feature in the seti classic "setiatwork site".

I would second a wish for our own stats that update as frequently as possible and for the Team graph, that was a really nice feature and much appreciated. :)

Other than that I hope that as BOINC continues to mature we will see more and more of the team switch over to really give us a big push! As always, we can use all the help we can get. :)

Cy

I second the idea of a "days to overtake" a la setiatwork.com
And also if the page could update every hour or two that would be great.

I really like the icons that have been used for the Seti Classic stats on our site. (The jackets, the little torch, etc)

What about a total production for different ranks? Like the top 50's average credit is X, the top 51-100's average credit = X, and so on. Although that stat wouldn't be overly useful it would still be interesting to see.

I'm going to go look at some stats sites and brainstorm.

*EDIT: We should think of some way to promote people switching to BOINC to coincide with the new stats when they're ready. If we can get more people soon we have a good shot at finding a home in the top 10 teams.

Last edited:
I also mainly use SetiSynergy to look at our team stats but I agree that we should have our own site. I believe it is also a tool that can help to add new members. The format that we already have seems very good to me. The rank with the icons showing the torch and rotating milestone's achieved is a nice touch that I have not seen on other boinc sites. The color coded names of Red, Yellow, Blue and Green also make it stand out as being different from other sites that I have viewed.

I as well use the Setisynergy site it has mostly what im looking for , but i know im new to the team could i suggest that maybe you might want to consider also having a symbol or symbols with color or degree indicating weather or not u use water cooling or peltier cooling or both and or to have feature to show none iff not . It would sort of go with the territory "OverClockers". Just a suggestion ; thats all. :)

Graphs if they're possible is my biggest thing :D Something like BOINCStats provides when you look up your username. That, and "days to overtake" or (if we get graphs) the ability to superimpose two/several people's production graphs.

JigPu

I also like Rajausa's idea to use icons to indicate the user of specific OC methods. :)

Cy

rajausa said:
I as well use the Setisynergy site it has mostly what im looking for , but i know im new to the team could i suggest that maybe you might want to consider also having a symbol or symbols with color or degree indicating weather or not u use water cooling or peltier cooling or both and or to have feature to show none iff not . It would sort of go with the territory "OverClockers". Just a suggestion ; thats all. :)

I like the idea of having extra info that could be submitted by team members. It would be nice to see a profile associated with the user listing the machines in their farm and their specs. Possibly amalgamating the host stats from BOINC with info added by team members who care to setup a profile.
I think something like this would give the stats a team focus. They would allow you to see what you're up against when it comes to moving up our ranks and also to see what kind of setup gives what output.

Is the revamped team site going to included total BOINC statistics for those of us that are multi-project?

I'd like to see the continuation of the challenge graph, and how the current site also shows your past weeks daily totals.

Thanks for your continuing commitment to the site and team.

I would suggest taking the stat's from our Classic Seti page and mirroring them for BOINC. In particular I would like to see Boinc stats that cover:
1. Top 100 daily (or weekly or monthly) crunchers
2. A passing lane to show how long till I can catch a particular user. (With boinc stats being somewhat fuzzy on timing perhaps a moving 30 day average production instead of the one week avg used in classic?)
3. A team page that shows me in my position relative to the rest of my team.

2 additional things

stryfe: unfortunatly at this point Berkely is only publishing the stats once a day so the stats sites can't update any more frequently.

another really cool option would be to automate the team races. I know some other boinc stats site claims they do it, i'm not sure which one. graphs for thsi would be good too. I'm notice people love graphs :)

i'm simple in my wants.

i just want a Boinc stats page, that updates more often. instead of only once a day.

Thats all i ask for.

There are plenty of good ideas raised here. I'm not sure how well some of them will work given the way boinc stats are calculated and how often they update. It's not possible to do some of the old predictions since boinc stats do not increment in regular sequential numerical order. I'm hoping we can get some volunteers familiar with php and xml to help work out the new page. Any takers?

I'll look if I can device some kind of file like the one I'm using to keep track of our progress and do some statistical analysis to show the overtake ability.

Something to look forward (as soon as I have some time) is a revamped (or almost final) Challenge Graph for Seti@Home Classic :D Look for it soon :D :burn: :D

Back