• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios updating/formatting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, why you say idiot?!
you're only try to learning about Pc's, nothing of what you do is stupid, you know, the knoledge is power and the ignorance is stupid! ;)

You are right about that =]
the on;y prob is that my mobo manufacturer (vtech)
seems to be cell phones/kid learning stuf company =/

Infact, I've tried to found the right one, but untill now is what I've founded, I hope to be more lucky in the next search ;) it's all I can do.

wow!
cheers mate!
u actuallt searched something for me..? neve saw something like that in a forum! ;)

It seems to be the right place for your Mobo, but probably you must take another look with Sandra for the Model, or better looking directly on the Mobo for the code :)

I have news!
went to the site
and i have some intresting things...
okay.. in the extended mainboard data
i see that my chip set is appolo 133 pro plus
and it's via VT82C693
went to the site and saw that.. clikced on it but,
the data code ddin't match to anything...
so i went and looked at sissoft again
and in the "sysem chipset"
i see again.. via technologies but in this section is see
VT82C691/othermodel#/othermodel#
so i went up again.. and i see that under the apollo pro there is this model #
i click on it and i could find my data code I/O 2K000218
then i searched for my
system model # at all the page and found it... + the data code!
[url]http://www.pcpartner.com.hk/bios/viabios.htm#pro133[/url]

Yes, but what's your Mobo Model?
the VIM816D or the VIB862D/APBS1-C862, wait a moment, the Bios upgrade to download is the same for both the version so isn't important what is your Model code! :)
at this point you must download the Awdf776b utility and the P862-2m.zip Bios upgrade.

the truth is i have no clue!
god in every section of the main board there are diff #
what # u need the one in the extanaded mainboard data?
and what this utillity (Awdf776b ) doing?
and what vib are u talking about.. i have no vib/abp in any of the models models
thnx for your help!

The Awdf776b is the AwdFlash utility that erase the E-Prom that contains the old Bios version & after rewrite the Bios upgrade stored into the *.bin file (the supposed P862-2m.zip) into the E-Prom.
The prob is that we have a lot of code, all different and probably wrong! so the best way to go is to take a look inside your Box for the right code written on the Mobo, generally is an alphanumerical code written on a white label, probably in the middle of the Pci's slots!!!

cheers mate i gonna do it asap =]
seems like the forum was down yesterday night?
at least for me...

okay.. update ^^
i open the case and looked for via chips...
i found 2... 1 just under the cpu socket
and one just right to the pci slot (which the size of it is samller)

now the big one under the cpu says - VT82C686A
and the smaller one right to the pci slots says - VT82C693A

now i looked at sisoft sandra again
and i noticed that the smaller chip (again right to the pci slots)
# matches to the one in the extended mainboard data - system chipset (just without the A)
and in the system chipset i noticed that it says
model - via technolgies inc VT82C691/693A/694X apollo pro/133/133A

take a look athe the model #
it says VT82C691/ 693A
if so it matches

so my model is
VT82C693A

hope u understood me.. and that html work ;)

hope it finally sloved my prob !

:D

Anoher update! i think i found the right one!
it's the one i thoguh it was before http://www.pcpartner.com.hk/bios/viabios.htm#pro133
it's the one that his chipset part No. is VT82C693A - noth bridge
and the data code I/O CLK gne is 2K000218 (like mine!)

so i guess i gonan d/l it =]

another Q in the why what is the diffrence between north bridge and south brige?

CHEERS

Yes, it'a all right,
the chipset is the 693A like writed on the chip, so your Mobo is based on the Apollo Pro 133 chipset, at this point you can download the upgrade, but take attenction to the specs of your Mobo aboutthe Cpu slot (Slot1, Socket370 or both) and also to the Platform (AT, BabyAT, ATX or MicroATX).
About the two chips, well, the bigger is the NorthBridge & the smaller the SouthBridge and they manage the comunication with the Cpu Bus, Agp, Pci..... ;)

thnx for all your help.. but im a n00b so what do u mean by

but take attenction to the specs of your Mobo aboutthe Cpu slot (Slot1, Socket370 or both) and also to the Platform (AT, BabyAT, ATX or MicroATX).

1st what do u mean by take care of the spaces of my mobo aboutthe cpu slot?

and how can i know what platfor mine is?
my english aint so good too so it's not helping =[

cheers

I'm sorry, probably depends by my explanation :)
if you look the Pcpartner website you found differents Mobos with the same specs of yours (Via Apollo Pro 133) depending by the different slot and alimentation used, at this point what kind of Cpu are you using into your system? a chip slot1 or FcPga?
I'm not sure that the Bios upgrade is the same for all kind of Mobo with the Via Apollo Pro 133 chipset, so it's better to be sure and check it ;)

I have no clue what FcPga is so i'm gussing my cpu using slot 1
and i've checked not just the model # i checked the data code too... and its the same so i guess i d/led the right one..
no i just need to figure out of to format and to get win2k
=P
thnx for eveything

Cheers

Back