• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iexplorer Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frost Byte

I am getting some errors when I open Internet Explorer.

---------------------
IEXPLORER.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log as been created
---------------------

I don't know where the error log is. Any idea?

Any idea of how to fix this?

Thank guys

Yes. you probably want to look at the event viewer. You will probally end up just re-installing explorer. Before you do that have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

well as nahmus said error logs are kept in the event viewer but i wasn't sure if u knew how to get there so here are some instructions. start --> run --> eventvwr.msc Also i would do as nahmus said and scan for spyware and viruses cause when i had spyware i got alot of errors in IE so I ran some anti-spyware stuff and it got rid of it and now i dont get any errors:) If that doesn't work I would do as others said and reinstall IE.

TeuffelHunden said:
Sounds like a good time to switch to Firefox :)

That's not really a fix. That's just leaving the problem where it is, and throwwing things at it and hoping the problem goes away. Don't forget IEXPLORER is tied to windows explorer, and installing firefox will just temporarily relive the problem, not fix it.

Back