• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox 1.0 Final released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wiped and reinstalled. Works fine now. Except that NOW when I open my bookmarks from the top, and I try to right click on them, I just get some little white box, and I can't right click on the bookmarks to open in a new tab.

Seems that 1.0 is still a little buggy to me. :confused:

Last edited:
Also, take a look at this (attached image)

When I try to right-click on a bookmark and open it in a new tab, I get this little box, and no context menu. Keep in mind this is on a fresh new install.

Attachments

• firefoxprob2.JPG
    firefoxprob2.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 143
I don't really notice the differences since it's never crashed on me - the downside is some of the extensions i had installed are out of date now and aren't compatible with it. :cry:

Does anybody use the search page feature that you can pull up on the bottom of your brower by pushing F3? I just found it the other day, its very handy.

Mikes95XLT said:
When I try to right-click on a bookmark and open it in a new tab, I get this little box, and no context menu. Keep in mind this is on a fresh new install.
When you restart the browser does it work? Then, if you right click around in your bookmarks a bit more it happens again? There used to be a bug like this that annoyed me greatly. I thought it was fixed but it seems it has lingered in mutated form. Is the bug reproducible based on the steps listed in either of these (esp the first)?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=246158
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=253753

So what to do? For one you can vote for the bug. You have to sign up to vote, I voted for #246158 because its a proper bug report and not vague like the 2nd one. Two you can post a comment confirming the bug. Or three you can fix the bug yourself and submit a patch.

sup3rcarrx8 said:
I don't really notice the differences since it's never crashed on me - the downside is some of the extensions i had installed are out of date now and aren't compatible with it.
Check this list for updated extensions.

Leviathan41 said:
Does anybody use the search page feature that you can pull up on the bottom of your brower by pushing F3? I just found it the other day, its very handy.
Yeah I love that feature. It takes the place of the highlighting functionality that I was so fond of in the Google toolbar :)

I've decided to write a set of quick guides to walk new Firefox users through some of the features they might not be familiar with coming from IE. I am trying to write them so they only take about 5 minutes each. Here is the first of the series:

Firefox Feature Guide - The Search Bar

Note that this is written rather forgivingly, so it will probably feel hand-holdish to most of the people here. Tell me what you think. Did you understand everything? Did you find any mistakes? Do you think you'll remember how to add and remove engines? What would you change?

Of course don't forget to grab Su Root's Overclockers.com Forums search plugin.

Thanks, G

Last edited:
Back