• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox 1.0 Final released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

Firefox 1.0 Final!

firefox.png

Surprised nobody has posted this here yet being that 63% of us are using Firefox. Anyway, here are the links.

Pimps like us should use the ED2K or BitTorrent links if possible. There are enough grandma's & little sisters leeching off Mozilla!

Windows US English

Linux US English

Other stuff

Last edited:
* Oni downloads and installs.

brb w/ t3h l337 br0ws4r!! :D

edit: Save for the fact that texturizer is being bombarded 'cause everybody wants to re-download all of their k-rad l337 extensions and themes, I like it :)

Last edited:
I just installed over RC 1 and it worked fine, it imports everything and check if your extentions have updates.

Bleed said:
but what about all the links i have in my bookmark? i have alot of 'em :(.

A lot of effort has been spent on making upgrades safe, so go ahead and upgrade. If you are paranoid however...

Set hidden folders visible then browse to ->

OS partition -> Documents and Settings -> your username -> Application Data (hidden folder) -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> random profile folder name

bookmarks.html are you bookmarks
cookies.txt are your cookies

the other user editable files in your profile are

user.js
chrome\userChrome.css
chrome\userContent.css

I don't think these are created unless you do it manually. So you probably don't have them.

Anyway, backup these 5 files then uninstall Firefox. Delete your profile directory as well. Install the new version, run it once, and then move your user files into the proper places in the new profile. You'll still have to redo the browser's interface, settings, plugins & extension this way of course.

Bleed said:
too late :(, ive just installed it. well, lost all that i bookmarked.

Should have just installed over the old copy, works fine like that.

Bleed said:
i did... people said it'll update itself.

Hmm, I updated 4 computers here and all worked perfect, everything still intact except for themes.

-i pulled down the new browser gut i am greatly frustrated....any ideas? i have a logitech mx1000, so when i'm surfing i use the thumb buttons all the time to go back and forward in the browser, does anyone know why it isn't(or how to) enabled in firefox?

- thanks for the help

bl4ck0ps said:
-i pulled down the new browser gut i am greatly frustrated....any ideas? i have a logitech mx1000, so when i'm surfing i use the thumb buttons all the time to go back and forward in the browser, does anyone know why it isn't(or how to) enabled in firefox?
I have a MX500 and my thumb buttons work by default as back and forward with Firefox. Do you have Mouseware installed?

My only hiccough (which will work itself out over the next month or so) is that some of my favorite extensions are incompatible and don't have updates yet.

I'm also not crazy about my tabs being numbered. Though I haven't checked yet to see if it can be turned off.

Otherwise I love it :clap:

DWolf:cool:

Back