• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHere can i get some Capacitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0ungsta

Registered
Dumby me.. I punched a hole on my capacitor next to my AGP slot. It's a 1000 uf 6.3v capacitor and i'm wondering where can i get one to replace it. I read the article about capacitors and tried the sites that were given to me but it didn't really help me much. Since i couldn't find the one the one i need. :(

Look in the phonebook for a large electronics store. I needed a specific capacitor once and I justed went to the closest large electronic store. Radio Shack will order parts for you if they carry them, my advice is just simply get out a phone book and call some places.

here is an adequate cap rated at 1000uf 6.3v radial the part number is p5115-nd and you can buy it from www.digikey.com for about $1.30. just got to digikey and enter the partnumber in the search box. hope this helps you out

Can i get the one with 105 C ? The one that was on the site was only 85 C.

i looked for that for about 15 minutes and that was the closest match i could find, that is the maximum rated temp , i seriously doubt it will ever get over 45c so i wouldnt worr about it but if you must have one rated at 105c i could look some more but im fairly busy right now, and probably wont be able to look untill tomorrow, i have no doubt that one would do the job

would this work? i found it on the catalog. It's product number is P5509-Nd.

if you want i can mail some to you.

I blew 3 6.3V 1500uf caps on my motherboard.... picked up 5 to replace them.. so i got 2 extras...
Oh and they are rated for 25 volts so that will never happen again :)

The uf rating is different but it will still work as they are close enough.

ya youngster that would work and as jay stated any thing over 6.3 and 1000uf would work as well they will only put out as much as is put into them so its not super important that they are exactly the same, if i were u id jump on jay's offer thats extra nice of him

Wow that's so nice of you jay. :) I wouldn't mind if i get some but i heard that on some mobo, if the capacitor is too big it might cause it to me unstable. I'm just scared of having that problem, but hey i'll give it a shot though. Thank You !!! You're so generous.

eoboard are u jay? Well, i my address is
Young
116 E. Park St. APt C#
Alhambra, CA 91801

Nope. I just wondered if you lived in or near Toronto. If you did I could recommend several places for raw electronic components. I've got nothing for you out in California though. Sorry.

I can assure you that the CAP I have will not make your board any less stable. In fact it has made mine get more MHZ out of a CPU that I couldn’t get any faster.

The 6.3Volts cap only let me get 1026(108) @2.1Volts Stable. More volts didn’t help me get any faster (stable). I got 1033(109)@2.1Volts 95-97% stable (so no go)
1066(112)@ 2.1 volts fried the 6.3 Volt caps

With the 24Volt caps I get 1066(112) Stable @ 2.2 volts (new caps can take a higher voltage) 1083(114) unstable so far.

Currently working on upgrading my water tower (DON’T TRY HIGH VOLTS WITHOUT VERY GOOD COOLING) then going to throw some more volts at my celeron.

Well that’s my story with the new capacitors. Hope you have one like mine.

Mail starts working on Monday so… The shipping starts then
This is coming from Vancouver Canada so...
dont know how long it will take... but it shouldnt be that long.I will also send you a fried cap so you know what to look for if any others could be dead

I'll post agin when i send the parts.
you may also want to remove your adress from this post, i got it now

well i mailed them today.
you should get them in about 5 days... well that is what the post office said

Thank You Very much! Boy do i feel so sad today though and even this week too. What a horrible thing to do.......plane crashing onto the world trade building and killing a lot of ppls..:(

Back