• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on deciding what to get.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, Im going to have $400-$450 dollars to spend on a new vid card, Im going to get a version of the 6800. Now, I just dont know what version to get. There are so many out there, so what would you guys recommend for the price range listed above?

If I can save a little bit of money, thats good.

Im really thinking about the 6800GT or 6800 Ultra. And what is the major difference between the two?

Thanks for the help!

The only difference between the GT and ultra is the core and memory speed which will vary between vendors. Most GT's can run at ultra speeds. The ultra has 2 molex connections the GT has 1, and the GT has a single slot cooling solution and the ultra has a 2 slot.

oh ok.. so more then likely I can oc it to ultra speeds, (it will be watercooled)
What is one of the better companies to go with?
Ive owned BFG, eVGA and pny.

nice.. I think that is what Ill end up getting. I just need to find a reputable place to buy one from, and that has them in stock.

will do. my laptop is on ebay, Im sure it will sell for the price I want. If possible, shoot me off a price via PM.

Back