• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid setup help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

Working on a xp home pc with an aopen ax37 mobo setup with raid1.The owner has it setup wrong since it's only seeing 1 30gig drive instead of 1 60gig (2 wd 30gig drives).I'm new to raid so I need help.I think it has to do with his jumper settings which one drive has no jumper and the other does.In raid1 mirror should both drives have the same jumper pin setting?Can I run both with no jumper pin?Lastly when making changes to get this working correctly will it damage the os and or data thats on the drives?The box boots very slow but runs ok,bios does not see the drives correctly and systems scans ide drives on every boot.

if they're are 2 30gb HDD's in a RAID 1 array windows will see 1 30gb HDD, if your running 2 30gb HDD's in a RAID 0 array windows will see 1 60gb HDD....

If it's setup under RAID 1 right now it would appear to working correctly.

AS I said I'm new to raid but your answer now makes sense.It see's only 30gigs in raid1 because it's mirroring?One other question is when running raid does the fasttrak 100 always scan the ide drives on boot up?

Chief said:
AS I said I'm new to raid but your answer now makes sense.It see's only 30gigs in raid1 because it's mirroring?One other question is when running raid does the fasttrak 100 always scan the ide drives on boot up?

Yes, it will always scan on startup.

Back