• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5700 Ultra... a few questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

Ok, I did a search, but I think I might be using the search wrong on here... cuz... nothing came up.

Anyways, I want to overclock my vid card. I have overclocked my eVGA GeForce FX5700 Ultra from 475/900 to a stable 500/950. Any higher than that and I get artifacts and benchmarks shutting down. I'm thinking that if vid cards are similar to CPU/RAM, then increasing voltages would help me get higher with good cooling. Right now the card runs around 40 C idle and about 46 C load.

Now, I know a bit about CPU/RAM overclocking but little about vid card overclocking. First of all, is it possible for me to increase my voltages? I have an option for increasing AGP Voltage in my BIOS, but I have heard that has nothing to do with it. I have heard of flashing BIOS but it seems that is only to go from say a 5700 to a 5700 U. I wanna know how my temps are in comparison to others... i.e. - is 40C/46C good idle/load temps for a card? Is there any headroom for me to overclock more? I have heard of people getting as high as 575/1200 on 5700 U's.

Any info would be greatly apprecated, thanx in advance. System specs in sig.

Back