• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Problem need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Ok well I got in my Iwill VA133 Pro and well its all messed up missing things in BIOS like the raid controlers dram timeings ect ect so I get an Return on it.

It has a FSB of 166mhz so I am looking for a board that has the same type of functions and around the same price I paid $127 for it but the worst problem of all was the fact that I couldn't fin a 60mm heatsink on the socket. Too many compasitors and they were too close to the socket to fit maybe a 57mm would have fit but not a 60mm.

So again if anyone knows of a good board I'd like to here what you have to say.

Abit
-----
ST6-RAID
VH6-II
VH6T

ASUS
-----
CUSL2(-C)
TUSL2(-C)

These are all great boards and I think are less than $127.:D

FrankMasterFlash said:
Abit
-----
ST6-RAID
VH6-II
VH6T

ASUS
-----
CUSL2(-C)
TUSL2(-C)

These are all great boards and I think are less than $127.:D

I don't think the VH6-T (which i have) or the VH6-II have onboard raid. For their price, less than $90 online, you could pick up a promise card for Raid :).

That's probably not a bad move if you're willing to chalk up the dough.

I'm holding off to see what Intel does with the newer P4s and how they stack up to the next AMD chips.

Abit BX133raid...plenty of room, bx chipset, raid, s370, and fsb from 66 to 200mhz or 250 in 1mhz increments...just had to throw that in...I built a box with a bx133 raid, and it is still working flawlessly with a 733 PIII (stock)
:cool:

Back