• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom3 very solw w/6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmitchellfly

Doom3 very slow w/6800GT

This is strange. When i go to play Doom my frame rates solw to 7 - 10 fsp. I first see the slow down when I enter the Doom "Options" or "Setup" screen - my mouse lags terribly when I try to change game play settings. Then when I enter the game I get very slow fsp.

Factors:
Experienced same problem with previous rig: NF7-s/2500 Barton (o/ced to 2315MHz)/6800GT
Still get the solwdown with new rig (see sig).
Did a reformat and reinstall of windows and all apps (when I built new rig).
Also did a reformat and new install of Doom on my "Games" partition.
Tried different drivers (61.77 and 66.93) - same result.
6800Gt benches fine (see sig)
Other games (CoD, Far Cry, Flight Sim 2004) play normally - great IQ and fps.
Tried overclock and stock settings on vid card - same result
Temps are fine
Tried using very lowest game play settings - same result.

Seems to me that perhaps another program or application could be causing a conflict with the game . Again Everything else runs normally with my 6800gt - other games, benches, etc.

Last edited:
hmm, well benches seem fine, what are you temps exactly, for everything vid card, system, etc. What are you voltages. How is the GT plugged in, is it on its own run of molexes?

dicecca112 said:
hmm, well benches seem fine, what are you temps exactly, for everything vid card, system, etc. What are you voltages. How is the GT plugged in, is it on its own run of molexes?

Thanks dicecca112

6800GT Temps:
drivers 61.77: low to mid 60's aftergaming for an hour or so.
drivers 66.93: upper 60's after gaming
66.93 gave higer temps than 61.77 but both still well within normal range for this card.

Temps: CPU/case after gaming: 28c case/42c CPU. Normal range

Voltages are fine to. My OCZ 520w Powerstream has 34amps on the 12v rail. The BIOS reads 12.4v - I bumped it up from stock @ 12.2v. This PSU is rock solid. Shoulnt be any probs here. Also, GT has its own seperate power connector with nothing else connected to it.

To me if temps and voltages were problems I would see problems with benchmarks and other games. Thats why I thought it might be another program or application that is butting heads with Doom.

But I certainly could be wrong!!

alright, everything seems in order, what programs are you running in conjunction with Doom, Ie what is running in the background, what processes are running? Post a screenshot if you can

dicecca112 said:
alright, everything seems in order, what programs are you running in conjunction with Doom, Ie what is running in the background, what processes are running? Post a screenshot if you can

Thanks for the help bro :beer: . Ill be out of town till Tuesday so Ill get a screen shot for you then.

Back