• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best Socket A board for Overclocking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baberpervez

Help! My old motherboard fried and I need to get a new one!

I heard the following two are really good but they're rather hard to find.

EPoX 8RDA3+
Abit Ns7 v.2

Can I expect the same results from either? OR is one far superior than the other?

Also are there other boards that are excpetional? I know I could do a search to see if there are any outstandign reviews on them but I'd prefer to get direct feedback from users.

I'm trying to overclock my XP 2200+ to the highest possible speed!

Please help!

the nf7-s rev 2 is very good.

theres lots of guides for vott mods and also lapping the northbridge so u can get that extra 10 fsb.

i already own one and am buying another one

Yes I noticed that about the abit board! NOt to get the two confused!
I'm reading some reviews now and keep u all updated on its performance! ;)

It says it can use dual DRR. It isn't what I think its talking about is it???? :0 Ithought that was only A64?

Help?

baberpervez said:
It says it can use dual DRR. It isn't what I think its talking about is it???? :0 Ithought that was only A64?

Help?
Dual channel support is a feature of the core logic chipset. The NF7 series has the nForce2 for the northbridge so it is capable of running in dual channel mode, dual channel is not just only for A64's.

The ASUS A7N8X Deluxe is also a great board for overclocking, it can be found at Newegg.

Back