• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce2 MX400 64 MB DDR/AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not that I am aware of.

There were two or three flavours and the MX400 is the "faster" one.

WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CARD I AM TALKING ABOUT AND THE GEFORCE2 GTS ? sorry for the caps

Speed. GF2GTS is clocked higher and has a wider memory bus.
And no, you can't change this by flashing. memory doesn't get magically faster, chips don't either and certainly nothing can double the traces on your PCB

i know i know, im not a n00b though it may seem like one, this is only myu 2nd nV card that i've had, the first was a riva tnt2, i've got another question too since were on the subject.

default speeds of this card are ? 200/200 "400" ?

the core is "defaultly" 200 & rhe mem is 143....

which seems alot low, with GTU i am able to OC the mem to 215Mhz "430Mhz"

so is that a problem in the drivers or in the bios ? im using the newest drivers from the nV website.

I read a guide yesterday thats off the main page where some one took one of these cards and made ramsinks and a huge GPU sink and managed to get some pretty decent overclocking out of it. I thought it was interesting, since I also have one.

With my sdr memory geforce2, it has the same mem bandwidth as the ddr version because it is a 128-bit interface. I can overclock the memory to 300mhz, remember not ddr. The core has no heatsink on it but can get to 250. It is bigger than another geforce2 mx card I have sitting next to me.

Back