• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coppermine T? And Abit Boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude

I just looked at the bios updates for a Bx-133 and be6-II and they both have support for Coppermine T. Is there a difference between a Coppermine T, and a Taulitin? If not I'm ordering a 512K Taulitin in a month or so.

I thought the coppermine-t was just the cDO stepping which is why it's still called coppermine. Tualatin is a new core revision not just stepping and won't currently work on fc-pga compatable boards only fc-pga2 compatable as it uses a new voltage regulator module standard and has a differant pin out.

I thought the Coppermine-T was funkier. Didn't THG or some place actually test one, and it had the big metal heat spreader on it?

Both the cDO and the tualatin have a heatspreader on them like the p4. Does anyone know if the coppermine-t is the cDO like I thought as it being called coppermine would suggest so?

cDO coppermines donot have a heat spreader. I know I have played with one. A cDO chip is just like a cCO chip it just has a higher vcore 1.75v and can hit 1.2gig on a more regular basis.

are you sure the cDO doesn't have a heat spreader? I'm sure I read an update on intels website for the cDO that listed an intergrated heatspreader and the extra voltage as the changes to the new stepping. Can anyone confirm this fo me?

UPDATE: Ok I read the spec update sheet on intels site, it lists the changes to the cDO as the voltage being increased to 1.75v and also mentions that it is also exists in fc-pga2 form with an intergrated heatspreader, so I'm guessing that there are 2 versions, one for fc-pga2 with a heatspreader and one for fc-pga without a heatspreader, can anyone confirm this for me?

Last edited:
I cam conform that. They do make one p3 .18 with a heat spreader. But all the normal cDO's look just like cCo's.

Phil said:
are you sure the cDO doesn't have a heat spreader? I'm sure I read an update on intels website for the cDO that listed an intergrated heatspreader and the extra voltage as the changes to the new stepping. Can anyone confirm this fo me?

UPDATE: Ok I read the spec update sheet on intels site, it lists the changes to the cDO as the voltage being increased to 1.75v and also mentions that it is also exists in fc-pga2 form with an intergrated heatspreader, so I'm guessing that there are 2 versions, one for fc-pga2 with a heatspreader and one for fc-pga without a heatspreader, can anyone confirm this for me?

Yep, my 1ghz P3 cD0 is a normal coppermine design.

So what is the coppermine-t? is it the tualatin, fc-pga2 cDO with heatspreader or an fc-pga cDO that looks like a normal coppermine?
Intel don't do things by halfs do they, this is worse than the E,B,EB fiasco.

dude said:
Thats what im trying to figure out. I want to know if I can runa tualitin on my be6 or bx-133

I only think the tualatin will work on recent boards due to the changes in the pin out and voltage regulation module.

dude said:
Thats what im trying to figure out. I want to know if I can runa tualitin on my be6 or bx-133

No...unless u get a voltage adapter from NEO. The boards that work with tualatin usually have a "T" in it. They run on a new lower voltage only supported by the i815 B-Stepping chipset.

i.e.
Abit
ST6-RAID
VH6-T

Asus
TUSL2

Gigabyte
60XET
:D

Tualatin info

OC COmmunity,

I know a wee bit about Tualatins, I know some because I put a sizable amount into a Iwill DVD266u-RN dual Tualatin board and a pair of Tualatin 512k 1.26 ghz chippies.

First of all, Tualatins are a new Pentium III core revision, it has a lower Vcore and an Integrated Heat Spreader.

Second of all Tuts run only on special chipsets and sockets that support them, they only run on Intel 815ep and VIA Apollo Pro 266T and others by Sis and Ali. They also require the FCPGA2 interface capable of providing the correct voltage to the core, which is suffeciently lower than the coppermine and will turn your $700 investment into a really cool keychain and capable of reading the slightly changed pinout of the Tualatin.

As for Coppermine-Ts I know less about them, but I know they have a IHS (in a Tom's Hardware article a Cumine-T and a Tut were shown side by side) and is runs some advancements of the Tut but non of the core advancements of the Tut. I believe it is a Coppermine meant to live in a FCPGA2 environment. You can tell them apart by looking at the resistor pattern on the back.

Also there is no way to run a Tut on a BX board so stick with the TUSL2 you got, or get a sweet Iwill dual board they rock.
-Gabertooth

Last edited:
Back