• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, is there any software that will tell me about my 6800 Ultra? like detailed information and stuff...?
Also, I see alot of people using a utility that shows the temps and stuff, where can I find that.

Last thing, what are the best drivers for the 6800 ultra? Currently using 61.77

Osirus said:
Ok, is there any software that will tell me about my 6800 Ultra? like detailed information and stuff...?
Also, I see alot of people using a utility that shows the temps and stuff, where can I find that.

Last thing, what are the best drivers for the 6800 ultra? Currently using 61.77

Download Coolbits and get 66.93 for drivers. Both avail. at guru3d.com

Got them both installed, and I still dont get great performance with them.
Farcry on very high settings seem to lag very bad.
Doom3 on highest doesnt lag one bit
ut2k3 on highest doesnt lag one bit.

3DMark01 and 03 freeze periodicly during testing, and Im getting SUPER low scores on both.

Are the detonator drivers any good? Im not sure what version, I think 51.xx

Thanks JeffP

Osirus said:
Got them both installed, and I still dont get great performance with them.
Farcry on very high settings seem to lag very bad.
Doom3 on highest doesnt lag one bit
ut2k3 on highest doesnt lag one bit.

3DMark01 and 03 freeze periodicly during testing, and Im getting SUPER low scores on both.

Thanks JeffP

Try disabling fast writes then try FarCry and the 3dmarks, seems some mobos have issues with fastwrites. That seems to work for some people anyway. You can disable it in coolbits. You can also try to overclock some in Coolbits and see if that helps the performance any. With a ultra you should be able to get 440-450 Mhz easy.

The 66.93 drivers are good you just need to find the problem. What size AGP apeture size do you have set in BIOS?

edit: I see your already overclocked. But I did notice it said you only have 512MB of ram. That will kill you in farcry. You really need minimal a 1GB if not 1.5GB. Can you borrow a stick to test from someone?

I was reading you need to disable fastwrites, which I plan on doing.
AGP Aperture size is set to 32mb in the BIOS.

Im doing a fresh install of XP so we will see if it helps my system out.

Osirus said:
I was reading you need to disable fastwrites, which I plan on doing.
AGP Aperture size is set to 32mb in the BIOS.

Im doing a fresh install of XP so we will see if it helps my system out.

Set it to 128 and 256 and see which works best for you. Unfortantly there is no science here, it's a lot of trail and error.

Osirus said:

Thanks JeffP
Yep sounds like my PSU issues all over again.... lemme quote directally from my thread. Also I think you are pushing the card too hard.

Sentential said:
Finally there seems to be an issue with my videocard:(. For some odd reason when I OC it to its normal speeds, it starts acting screwy. I get all sorts of weird lockups, and skipping / freezing, even at Ultra (after awhile :( ) Digits help me out bro!

Back the GPU OCs off a bit. What are your voltage rails now?

believe it or not, its not a PSU issue.. Even still the rails never moved below .5% of what they were
I have rigged a a spare 400w I had to justpower the vidcard.

Does anyone have any idea when the PCI-E versions of the 6800's are comign out? I haven't seen any available anywhere!

Funny how the 6600 came out on PCI -E first and then AGP later (should be the other way around) but not the case with the 6800s

Anyone have any retailer links? News on the subject?

"and Im getting SUPER low scores on both."

What are your 3d Marks like?

I checked some sites and PCI-E for 6800 is extremely rare!

"Reviewer: Anonymous

"I happened to see gameve had this in stock Wednesday morning 10/13 and ordered it immediately. It shipped the day I ordered it, so it got here on Friday, just in time for the weekend. THANK YOU gameve! I have been waiting almost three months to find a 6800 Ultra PCIe for sale and gameve is the only place I found that has them. Performance is simply amazing on my P4 3.4 LGA 775 w/ 1 Gig of DDRII RAM. DOOM3 runs at 70+ FPS in 1600 x 1200 High Quality and FarCry is similar. No games come with it, but who needs a cheesy pack-in when you have DOOM3, FarCry, and Rome: Total War to test out, and Half Life II in just a couple of weeks. Price is understandably more than MSRP due to complete lack of availability, but you get what you pay for. Bravo, gameve."

Sold for $680 US

Last edited:
Best tool for nvidia cards: Rivatuner. It's log function is great to find out what temps you have while playing.
My 23€ PSU is running my OCed A64 together with my 6800 Ultra at 450/1200 just fine. The rail is rocksolid. (24A on 12V rail)

I do use a secondary PSU for all my fans and the UV kathodes though.

Edit: You really should use Detonator 67.02. It fixes the shimmering issue in most games and is very fast as well.

Back