• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
so the wife and I went to Microcenter so I could buy a copy of Half-life 2.I'm over looking at the games when she comes walking over with a eVGA 6800nu and says I want to get this for,would you like to have it?I couldn't say yes fast enough.at this point I think to myself if I'm going to give my 9800pro to our sons they are going to need a new psu so I wander over and snag up an Antec True550 for myself.
I get home install it and the new psu and low and behold it works GREAT!.The whole PC feels faster.so I'm thinking this is pretty nice but what about that rivatuner softmod I saw something about?I download RT,install it,and then figure out how to enable the other 4 pipes and the extra vertex shader.reboot like it tells me and what do you know IT WORKS!I then think hmm..it can't be this easy so I commence to run all 3 3dmarks,aquamark,farcry,UT2004,HL2,and a few other games to look for any kind of visual artifacts and so far I have yet to see any.
well with that long winded post over with I think I'm done upgrading my pc for about a year.so far I think this card is pretty nice,not a huge jump from my 9800pro but a jump none the less.

FANTASTIC!!! All you need now is to do the BIOS flash / volt mod once you get better cooling, then your core speed should go well past ultra on 16 pipes :D

Sentential said:
FANTASTIC!!! All you need now is to do the BIOS flash / volt mod once you get better cooling, then your core speed should go well past ultra on 16 pipes :D

how hot is to hot?also how acurate are the temp sensors on these things?I only ask as the temps seem pretty good and maybe I could get away with raising the voltage a little bit now.

@elitebear yeah she is pretty awesome :attn:

Back