• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: Whats the best 2-2-2-5 PC3200 RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now I'm no master of overclocking by anymeans, and am still learning about memory... but I'm pretty sure the Mushkin previously posted - 280MHz @ 2-2-2 whoops the hell out of 275 @ 2.5-4-4... correct me if I'm wrong please.

You should read some of those reviews you posted Kav, they do not come close to the supposed results you claim.

From this one http://www.steamedturtle.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=67

"Disappointing overclocking results"

And this one http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/memory/other/mushkin/DDR1/ll3200/index.shtml

"Dropping to 3-4-4-8 timings the highest I could reach was 235"

And this http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/mushkin/pc3200/video_review_03.html

vid review(sucks), best was 220mhz 2-2-2-5 and 255 @ 3-4-4-8

And here http://motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1459_1.html

"250HTT 2.5-3-3-6 1T"

Show me your bench's and I might try and believe you. And btw, on Intel platforms the memory speed will be higher than A64, esp in dual channel 939. And A64 needs to be all @ 1t, we don't care about 2t very much.

*EDIT

Ah just noticed, you need some quotes there man:D I thought the way you posted that at first it was your review.

Anyway, good luck with the Mushkin. I love my LII

Rustafur said:
Now I'm no master of overclocking by anymeans, and am still learning about memory... but I'm pretty sure the Mushkin previously posted - 280MHz @ 2-2-2 whoops the hell out of 275 @ 2.5-4-4... correct me if I'm wrong please.
thats overclocked, the corsair is stock

So what the best high overclocking TCCD out there? gskill, muskin, pqi, or patriot(new cheap TCCD).

the bext memory, i think, is dependent on what cpu you have. for example my ballistix are better served being in an a64 or P4 than in my xp-m 2400 (i found this out after my ballistix purchase)

my timings should be 2-2-2-5, but my system will only run them @ 2.5 cas

i can run @ 2.5-2-2-5, however, my sisandra scores are higher @ 2.5-2-2-11 (which apparently is not unusual for the xp-m chips)

Seeing some impressive speeds from the G.skill stix with the newer "F" Samsung TCCD.
Anything with those should respond well to >3V especially at cas 2.0. :thup:

no i'm not joking. i'm a noob.

How can I get more volt to my A8V Deluxe ? It only has v2.8 max

you need a DDR Booster from OCZ, it would give you the additional voltage you need.
Head over to OCZ's website, they have good info on that site.

Bugalaman said:
nothing with "ocz" on it will ever go near my computers

And why's that? OCZ had a bad rep because of their customer service long ago from what I hear. New management has totally turned around the company though. No other RAM manufacturer is as involved in the overclocking community as OCZ is.

Got my Crucial BallistiX 3200 today, and they simply rock! They do everything i expected and the AnandTech 2-2-2 memory article promised! 2.5-2-2-5 timings @ 466MHz and of course 2-2-2-5 @ stock speeds. I did have to raise the memory voltage to 2.9v though in order to get a 100% stable result.

The 2x512MB cost me 252USD plus the VAT in germany and shipping which added up to 255 € (332USD). Comparable stuff from Kingston, Corsair or GEIL would have been around 270€ so i guess i got a good deal. Either way, this memory is awesome. :D

I've got G-Skill TCCD, PC3200 2.0-2-2-5-1T or PC4400 2.5-3-3-7-1T.
Streifen, in your case I'd look for some A-data TCCD (PC4500, look at cheeep.de, they've got it for 109€)

Very satisfied with the modules, they keep their 2-2-2 up to 223MHz, which is the maximum of my board- 2.63V :)

Thanks for the advice, but im all set now. These two sticks will stay in this rig until i upgrade to another socket. Actually my whole system is almost "complete", just need a 6800GT and a good PSU. I checked Newegg prices and the good stuff costs more than 250USD (without tax) there too.

No, im really happy with my purchase! :attn:

Back