• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My quest to run 1:1 (Memory Advise Needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, My goal is to hit 1:1 on my A64 setup. Currently Im at 166:200
300HTTx9mulitplier=2700mhz
FSB is currently 245fsb.

I want to get 1:1 weather I have to run at 2.6ghz or 2.7ghz.

Is this really possible? to keep my high OC and run at 1:1?
I was thinking PC4400 TCCD chips. *not sure on the brand yet*

I need 2x512mb

Suggestions you guys have?
Thanks.

I think you would be fine with some TCCD. Mine does 265FSB with 2.5-3-3-7 no prob. I've thought about lowering my multi and increasing the FSB to find my memory's max speed.
You should look HARD at Mushkin's TCCD. It's good stuff, and they have a coupon! :)

I saw that deal that you pointed out. Problem is though, its only 2x256. I need more ram as it is now. Farcry is a little choppy..

Sweat?? ;)

Um..the 'HALF' coupon might be expired, but try 'ANAND' - it has been working for a long time. Also double check the shipping because they probably have a free FedEx Express Saver deal going. Mine was like $254 shipped, and yeah it's all TCCD, and this newer stuff seems to fly. You'll like it - I wouldn't steer you wrong.

You could also look at OCZ or Gskill. I don't have any experience with Gskill - heard good things though. PQI is good too, but I usually look at customer service.
At least if you buy from Mushkin, if you aren't happy with the sticks, let them know and they'll overnight you another set and provide shipping back. Not many do that, and you ONLY get it if you buy directly from Mushkin.

Hmm..pretty doubtful TCCD will do 300FSB (some have, but I wouldn't count on it), but I don't know of any 1GB kits that will - very few 512MB kits will.

BUT! You could probably run a 9/10 divider for 270fsb without too much effort.

You MIGHT be able to run 300fsb, but I'm comfortable only telling you that ~270 should be pretty easy to reach.
Relax the timings enough and anything is possible. I haven't ran 3-4-4-x timings with mine yet.

hummmm... problem is I dont want to spend the money to find out they dont work like the ones I have now.

My ultimate goal would be 2.8ghz.
312htt
166:200 divider
260~ ish FSB.

HTT is the internal speed of the CPU, really nothing to do with the multi. So if you're running a 200FSB for HTT with a 9/10 divider (the memory is running 90% as fast as the CPU FSB), then you have a memory clock speed of 180FSB.

I hope I'm not confusing you, it is getting late here. My dog already went to bed. :)

I think your board has a bios setup that's quite a bit different from mine, or I'm just suffering from CRS right now. I haven't been in my bios for a couple of weeks..

Back