• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 800 O/C questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soffball

First post here, and I see a lot of great info. My system is an 800 celeron@936, 256K PC100 RAM, ABIT BX 133 M/B.
OK, seems very stable @ 936 at 1.7 V, but like every one else, I want more speed. Im going to try and push it higher and my present goal is 1000. As far as cooling, I have the case open, a golden orb (I know I know) and a desk fan blowing in on it.
I know the multiplier has to be at 125 for 1000 and my question is what do I put the PCI clock and AGP clock at for the FSB? My choices with the BX133 are, PCI 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 and AGP 1/1 and 2/3.
Also not sure what to do with the SEL100/66 signal settings and does the I/O voltage have any thing to do with overclocking? Eventually I'd like to get to 133 FSB (actually I'd like to do it now) but I'd be happy with 1000 mhz for now. I'm sure I'll have more questions. This forum is overflowing with good info. Thanks

Last edited:
Softball, Welcome to the Forums!! New Intel processors have locked multipliers so you will not be able to oc via multiplier change. Your celeron has a locked multiplier of 8. So the Speed is the multiplier x fsb. Ideally, if your mobo supports an FSB setting of 125, your golden!! 125x8=1000MHz. Hopefully your mobo also supports voltage adjustments. You may need to bump the volts up a little to support the 125MHz FSB.

Most boards have an automatic adjustment for PCI and AGP based on how you set the FSB. Example..you set fsb for 110MHz, your BIOS automatically selects a PCI setting of 37MHz and an AGP setting of 68MHz.

If your using a BX mobo as you mention, 133MHz may be a streach. The BX chipset is meant for 66 and 100MHz processors. But it's worth a shot. Keep an eye on those temps if you raise your voltage. Welcome again, good luck!

Also...check out the CPU Database here. The Celeron2 800's are real smokin' CPU's. Some people are getting upwards of 1200MHz with air cooling!! :)

Last edited:
Your PC100 memory could hold you back too.

The celeron 800 chips, at least the cD0 steppings, are very good overclockers, but on that board with that memory, 120mhz fsb would be a stretch.

If you have PC100 SDRAM with a CAS latency of 2-2-2 you can probably run it at 133Mhz if you set it to 3-3-3. Download the ctSPD utility (goto the mainpage) to find out the specs of your RAM. I have a Siemens PC100-222 stick doing 132.44Mhz @ 333 on an iBX chipset as well.

First off, thanks for the replies.
It seems as if memory is the key. Got it running stable at 960 but had to remove one of my PC100 sticks for it to work. Havent tried to push it farther yet. Think Im going to wait till I get some better RAM.
Any opinions on the AOPEN AX34 II motherboard?

Back