• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory for A64 sytem (TCCD Based)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, Im gonna be on the market for a new set of ram modules, I NEED 1gb (or 512mb, if cheap enough), as farcry seems a bit laggy...
I want TCCD ram, at speeds of PC3700 or HIGHER.

As I need to hit speeds of 300HTT or higher, with a 9x multi.

Links to the ram would be great!

I dont want to get a DDR booster for adding more volts.
Also, $200 is the budget.
And has to work with my Neo2

Last edited:
yeah, heard about the Gskill..
Its hard to decide wether to get 512mb or 1gb.

Also, Ill prob need some heat spreaders on those chips...

Older TCCD didn't really need much volts to get high mhz, and adding extra volts didn't really do any good. 2.8 was usually enough.

newer TCCD is like BH-5. Feed it and it will treat you well :)

I like the OCZ, but its only PC3200. I need to make sure it can go to at least 250fsb.
If not, its a downgrade from what I have now.

Osirus said:
I like the OCZ, but its only PC3200. I need to make sure it can go to at least 250fsb.
If not, its a downgrade from what I have now.

ohh it will go,check your pms

TCCD is actually for PC4000 memory modules. It just so happens that it can have awesome low latencies at lower speeds and since not everyone wants to overclock, they can sell it as PC3200 with tight timings as well as PC4000 with looser timings.

Ill check into that.
$220 shipped is my budget here.. (wife dont know about it), so I need to find something in that range. weather it be 512 or 1gb flavors.

i'm just using K8n neo platinum (s754)
do anyone got any suggestion which ram will perform better???
thx.

Osirus said:
yeah, heard about the Gskill..
Its hard to decide wether to get 512mb or 1gb.

Also, Ill prob need some heat spreaders on those chips...
Well, I don't think so- if I touch my memory it doesn't feel very hot- actually they feel rather cold. My DVD-drive is much warmer

The ram I have now does 7GB+ in Sandra.
Im trying to pull some extra money together so I can get the PQI. Its $275 shipped, and Im about $50 off.

I would love to get some of the Gskill ram, or even Komusa Hyperram, but there EXPENSIVE!!

Well I just went with this right here - G.SKILL PC4400(DDR550) 2.5-4-4-8, PC3200 2-3-3-6 1GB Kit (F1-3200DSU2-1GBLD)..

Paid $268 shipped with 2nd day air. Get them tuesday or so...

Back