Is 350W sufficient for an Athlon 64 3000+ & 9600XT?

My nephew is going to have my Athlon 64 3000+ system for a gaming rig. I知 going to swap out the FX5200 for a Radeon 9600XT but I知 wondering if the 350W Antec SL350 in the Antec case is going to be up to the job.

The system comprises of a single Samsung 160 GB 7,200 rpm SATA, Pioneer 16X DVD-RW, PCI Wifi Card.

The reason I知 asking rather than just buying and trying, is that I知 ordering a couple of new cases at the same time. So if the prognosis is baad, I値l order a beefier spec case when I place the order.

Thanks

SC

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcrow
    My nephew is going to have my Athlon 64 3000+ system for a gaming rig. I知 going to swap out the FX5200 for a Radeon 9600XT but I知 wondering if the 350W Antec SL350 in the Antec case is going to be up to the job.

The system comprises of a single Samsung 160 GB 7,200 rpm SATA, Pioneer 16X DVD-RW, PCI Wifi Card.

The reason I知 asking rather than just buying and trying, is that I知 ordering a couple of new cases at the same time. So if the prognosis is baad, I値l order a beefier spec case when I place the order.

Thanks

SC
    It should be ok if you're running the 64 at stock. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that you consider a better power supply here.

deception``

Thanks Deception ``

I don稚 intend OC段ng the CPU, but I知 wondering about what sort of Graphics card he might want in there in a year or so? I guess there痴 not much headroom for a more power hungry GPU with that set-up.

Crow