• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 350W sufficient for an Athlon 64 3000+ & 9600XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smilingcrow

My nephew is going to have my Athlon 64 3000+ system for a gaming rig. I’m going to swap out the FX5200 for a Radeon 9600XT but I’m wondering if the 350W Antec SL350 in the Antec case is going to be up to the job.

The system comprises of a single Samsung 160 GB 7,200 rpm SATA, Pioneer 16X DVD-RW, PCI Wifi Card.

The reason I’m asking rather than just buying and trying, is that I’m ordering a couple of new cases at the same time. So if the prognosis is baad, I’ll order a beefier spec case when I place the order.

Thanks

SC

smilingcrow said:
My nephew is going to have my Athlon 64 3000+ system for a gaming rig. I’m going to swap out the FX5200 for a Radeon 9600XT but I’m wondering if the 350W Antec SL350 in the Antec case is going to be up to the job.

The system comprises of a single Samsung 160 GB 7,200 rpm SATA, Pioneer 16X DVD-RW, PCI Wifi Card.

The reason I’m asking rather than just buying and trying, is that I’m ordering a couple of new cases at the same time. So if the prognosis is baad, I’ll order a beefier spec case when I place the order.

Thanks

SC

It should be ok if you're running the 64 at stock. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that you consider a better power supply here.

deception``

Thanks Deception ``

I don’t intend OC’ing the CPU, but I’m wondering about what sort of Graphics card he might want in there in a year or so? I guess there’s not much headroom for a more power hungry GPU with that set-up.

Crow

Back